Gaslow at nec overcharged me

Trek

Free Member

Went to the nec caravan and camping show and bought a stainless steel gas hose for a mate to save him the postage

01-6020-ss

Gaslowdirect.com website retails this at £34.50 + £7.50 p+p

Gaslow stand charged me £39.50 , feeling rather miffed now As he says he could have bought it from gasproducts.co.uk for £27.66 plus £5 p+p

I`ve nearly had that happen to me a few times at a couple of shows with other companies :mad:

If i see something now i always check the price on the web using my phone and will go outside if necessary to get a good signal.

I`ve even had them say that the price on the web is wrong, in that case i just walk away.

Don’t you think it would be appropriate to take up the matter with Gaslow. Perhaps a phone call would resolve it

Perhaps i should call them but I really wanted to warn others of the show special deals

My fault as i am normally savvy with their prices , had I realised i would have left empty handed

Went to the nec caravan and camping show and bought a stainless steel gas hose for a mate to save him the postage

01-6020-ss

Gaslowdirect.com website retails this at £34.50 + £7.50 p+p

Gaslow stand charged me £39.50 , feeling rather miffed now As he says he could have bought it from gasproducts.co.uk for £27.66 plus £5 p+p

Umm - sorry - Have I misunderstood something?

You've paid £39.50 and got the thing in your hand.
To buy online, you'd have paid £42.00 and waited maybe a week.

I had a couple of spare free tickets for the Glasgow show a couple of years ago went to drop them of to Gordon the laird thought I’d have a look around while I was there ended up with a new van that cost more than my first house. No good deed gose unpunished.lol

Last edited:
I had a couple of spare free tickets for the Glasgow show a couple of years ago went to drop them of to Gordon the laird thought I’d have a look around while I was there ended up with a new van that cost more than my first house. No good deed gose unpunished.lol
Nice coffee and rolls but wully lad

gaslo themselves are only a warehouse & dispatch place on an industrial park in loughborough they don’t attend shows it would have been an agent maxing his investment,

You should have got hold of Charlie at Vangas.co.uk he had good prices for Gaslow and can do Gasit as well

They made an offer and you accepted it.
Your fault, cop it sweet and tell your mate to stop whinging.

Thank you tony yes i bought at offered price , just miffed that it was cheaper on their own web site

By sharing on this forum any other member would have been forewarned if visiting the Gaslow stand at the NEC

That's what shows are for...to top up companies coffers!!:rolleyes:

Captive audience and the vendors bang the price up. It costs them a fortune for a stand . They need to pay for that AND make a profit.
Advice ......look but don't buy unless you know the online price.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back