Gaslow bottles fitted AND filled...

mistericeman

Gaslow bottles fitted and first fill.... Filled
Day off work today...
SO collected bits I'd ordered from the post office to fit it....
An hour in the cold later and all fitted and off to Morrisons for first fill up (albeit a part fill as one of the bottles was part full.... About 6 litres)
Of 16.96 litres for a whole £9.45....

Fab.... Happy bunny here.​

Sadly not free BUT less than £150 for two used 6kg bottles and pigtails/balance pipe and fillet kit and hose wasnt too painful compared to new price .

Glad not to be contributing to Calors retirement fund any longer too .

Isn't it so very heart warming when you only pay for the gas and not the fat profits of Calor or whoever.

I have a SafeFill 11kg cylinder fitted in 'Millie' for which I have made a couple of modifications to the refilling side so that I now have a bona-fide Gasit refilling point mounted into the sidewall resulting in us being able to refill at any LPG point anywhere in Europe, so this year between May and the end of October including some damned cold weather over in France, we have used just £12 worth of gas!

Gaslow bottles fitted and first fill.... Filled
Day off work today...​
SO collected bits I'd ordered from the post office to fit it....​
An hour in the cold later and all fitted and off to Morrisons for first fill up (albeit a part fill as one of the bottles was part full.... About 6 litres)​
Of 16.96 litres for a whole £9.45....​
Fab.... Happy bunny here.​

I haven't filled up since the summer but it look like you got the gas at a good price, I find that Calor or Flow Gas local depots are a better price than normal petrol stations, Calor can be a bit funny about filling bottles but so far I haven't been refused. Reminds me I must put the fill LPG app on my new mobile.

Remember to get adaptors for different countries if you are going abroad.
So easy to fill up. ( Finland is difficult, only one places. )

Remember to get adaptors for different countries if you are going abroad.
So easy to fill up. ( Finland is difficult, only one places. )

Good advice cheers....

We won't be going abroad for the foreseeable future BUT may possibly roam a little further IF I survive beyond retirement lol.

Next job will be fitting a eberspacher (one of the best things I fitted in our first self build)
And more batteries/solar so we can be back to being self sufficient power wise.

Bit of a shock to the system going to a manufacturer built c class from a self build transit Jumbo....
The extra space/shower and loo are big plusses... BUT other stuff is fairly badly thought out in all honesty.
Still with a bit of tinkering it'll all come good I'm sure.

Bit of a shock to the system going to a manufacturer built c class from a self build transit Jumbo....
The extra space/shower and loo are big plusses... BUT other stuff is fairly badly thought out in all honesty.
Still with a bit of tinkering it'll all come good I'm sure.

That is exactly why we ended building our own......................... where on the earth do all of your amazing four legged friends now live?

If you do plan to travel overseas, it might be better fitting a proper panel mounted refilling point as some of the Europeans can be a bit touchy about seeing doors opened to fill what look like almost normal gas cylinders. I fitted a Gasit fitting which was easy to install and has never been questioned in Frogland.

That is exactly why we ended building our own......................... where on the earth do all of your amazing four legged friends now live?

If you do plan to travel overseas, it might be better fitting a proper panel mounted refilling point as some of the Europeans can be a bit touchy about seeing doors opened to fill what look like almost normal gas cylinders. I fitted a Gasit fitting which was easy to install and has never been questioned in Frogland.

We are sadly now down to two small whippets from 5 including 2 big lurcher lads....

So first thing was whippety types playing Parkour (leaping from sofa to bed to bench seat etc etc) in the motorhome....
And as usual sleeping wherever they bloody like lol

We are sadly now down to two small whippets from 5 including 2 big lurcher lads....

So first thing was whippety types playing Parkour (leaping from sofa to bed to bench seat etc etc) in the motorhome....
And as usual sleeping wherever they bloody like lol

A few months ago we lost our beloved old Skye (Springer) to cancer and then only because there was a desperate need to do so, we rescued a Cocker who had been stolen by travellers 5 years ago and imprisoned by them as a breeding *****.... unfortunately the word for a female dog is automatically deleted!
Because she had basically come to the end of her breeding life as well as also being seriously ill, they sold her off as a fully trained working cocker. Fortunately a couple went along to the traveller camp to buy her, saw what a desperate state she was in and immediately bought her, then immediately handed her over to Spaniel Aid UK who took her to a vet, where despite her being in desperate need for surgery, she was far too weak, so she was put on an intensive high protein diet for two weeks before they could then operate to remove the large, exceptionally swollen birth sack that was hanging between her back legs (the size of a melon), they then discovered she had a large hernia internally as well as other significant problems. Then followed 11 weeks of cage rest with a foster home and then we took her on 15 weeks ago, since when she has been found to have an inflamed and badly infected disc in her spine and she is now on a lengthy course of antibiotics which is expected to last for at least a further 12 months.
At least now she has stopped screaming in pain every morning and is now actually starting to oooooze love and affection.

Attachments

• 3dogscuddles.JPG
    3dogscuddles.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 8

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back