Gaslow refills

TissyD

Morning all. Do any of you lovely people know where I can get my Gaslow refilled around Bridlington area. The system was on thge van when we bought it and we have never had to fill it yet. Thank you in advance.

Kirkburn PFS could be your nearest at about 16 miles on the A614.

The MyLPG and Autogas apps both report that it's available. Personally, I'd ring them first on 01377-229225.

Good luck! 🙂

Do you have one bottle or two?
We have a 11kg and 6kg. This way we keep the 6kg full for emergency use only, giving us plently of time to find a LPG filling station. Little different in France as they are everywhere. The UK can be challenging but still dotted around, just need to know where to look for it.

We have 2 x 11kg Gaslow Bottles and filled both up at our last stop in Spain 2 weeks ago. We do a full refill whenever the first bottle drifts into the red zone, despite the twin reassurances of the 2nd bottle and the daily inverter use to heat water whenever the solar is generating enough energy

Steve

I took my 11kg Gaslow and 6Kg GasIt Plus bottles out when I reduce van weight, replaced with a GasBank composite 11Kg. That easily lasts me 6 months so not a problem. I still haven't had a problem finding anywhere to fill up in the UK, I just call in when I pass a station selling it. I don't expect to find it at the end of the road and am a low user though

We have 2 x 11kg Gaslow Bottles and filled both up at our last stop in Spain 2 weeks ago. We do a full refill whenever the first bottle drifts into the red zone, despite the twin reassurances of the 2nd bottle and the daily inverter use to heat water whenever the solar is generating enough energy

Steve
Steve make sure you are actually changing from one bottle to the other if you are doing full refills. Its quite easy to overfill a bottle if you keep filling but never use, it defeats the 80% cut off. Run one out then switch to the other each time and you are fine. You probably know and do this but when you put full refill I thought I would mention it :)

If you are new to this there are two (at least) smartphone apps.
myLPG and AutogasApp.
Both give sites with prices. If you use one or the other please update the info when you can.
Roger

Steve make sure you are actually changing from one bottle to the other if you are doing full refills. Its quite easy to overfill a bottle if you keep filling but never use, it defeats the 80% cut off. Run one out then switch to the other each time and you are fine. You probably know and do this but when you put full refill I thought I would mention it :)
We do switch cylinders, Neil, alternating between the front and back after each refill; we also switch cylinders if we are pushing into the red zone deeply [mainly to avoid the fridge alarm going off in the middle of the night!]. I usually refill with 19-22kg of gas, so, even though the gauge says empty, there's around 2kg of gas left in the 'empty' bottle, which is consistent with the chart that Charlie at Autogas provided when he fitted the system

Steve

We do switch cylinders, Neil, alternating between the front and back after each refill; we also switch cylinders if we are pushing into the red zone deeply [mainly to avoid the fridge alarm going off in the middle of the night!]. I usually refill with 19-22kg of gas, so, even though the gauge says empty, there's around 2kg of gas left in the 'empty' bottle, which is consistent with the chart that Charlie at Autogas provided when he fitted the system

Steve
Forgot you had Charlie do them, he would have told you about making sure you cycle between cylinders, it’s one of his regular lectures :) just left him yesterday lunch time as it happens lol

Seamer Road Service Station in Scarborough might be closer than Kirkburn. We generally fill up at Asda in York (Monk's Cross) if we're passing.

Back