German Umwelt plaque for Green Zones

buttercup

Thanks to the guidance on here, I applied for my plaque thing for driving in Germany. We have a 2003 Ducato Autotrail. As such, there is no Euro classification on the vehicle reg document and the best info I could find suggested that we would get a red plaque based on the vehicle age. Off I went and paid my 6 euros and uploaded a full scan of my reg document to the online application service based in Berlin.

My plaque turned up this morning. Itś green and marked with a 4! This can´t be right. I don´t feel comfortable driving around sporting a Euro 6 style of Green Zone classification when the vehicle is more like Euro 2.

Have I missed something and there is some sort of motor home clause or have the issuing service made a mistake (most likely)?

Thanks for any help in clarifying this...

John

my 2003 VW LT got allocated a Yellow Disc, so am sure they are basing it on engine/emissions data.
I wouldn't worry about it if that is what their system decided was appropriate.

It will have your registration number on it and as you have sent them a scan or pic of the registration document I would not worry about it, you haven't done anything wrong, mine is a 2002 2.8JTD and it has a grey 5, I don't know if it has anything to do with the weight because when I upgraded to 3700 from 3400 it changed the classification for London LEZ, it was compliant before the upgrade

DEKRA or whoever checked and issued so simply use it !

Most of the time you will not be in a "zone" anyway but it will save you a problem if you go into a city centre.

Yes We have a clear green for Germany
But Orange 3 for France

Oh it is raining and overcast now so Pollution alert I cannot go to France !

What happens when/if Calais (or Other ports) get included in the scheme ?

Thanks to the guidance on here, I applied for my plaque thing for driving in Germany. We have a 2003 Ducato Autotrail. As such, there is no Euro classification on the vehicle reg document and the best info I could find suggested that we would get a red plaque based on the vehicle age. Off I went and paid my 6 euros and uploaded a full scan of my reg document to the online application service based in Berlin.

My plaque turned up this morning. Itś green and marked with a 4! This can´t be right. I don´t feel comfortable driving around sporting a Euro 6 style of Green Zone classification when the vehicle is more like Euro 2.

Have I missed something and there is some sort of motor home clause or have the issuing service made a mistake (most likely)?

Thanks for any help in clarifying this...

John
While we are on Germany they no longer use autogas but natural gas. To stop vehicles using autogas they have added a new end to the nozzle so it no longer fits the gaslow adapter. Don’t know if this applies over all of Germany but it does in Bavaria

While we are on Germany they no longer use autogas but natural gas. To stop vehicles using autogas they have added a new end to the nozzle so it no longer fits the gaslow adapter. Don’t know if this applies over all of Germany but it does in Bavaria
Just spent a month in Germany and autogas was readily available where ever we went including the old East Germany .

Ref the Unwelt plaque, is there an recommended/required location place on the windscreen to apply this (handy to put it in the preferred place as it is a one-off fitment).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back