Get well MARCHIE

I didn't realise, I hope you are on the road to recovery soon.
Thanks, Jo. Back home now with lots of new and uprated Meds. Still waiting to get the Flat repairs undertaken, but I now have plenty of time, with the Driving Ban and the Mini Stroke Workshop Outpatient to get through! It all seems like a bad dream :D

Steve

A pal of mine owned a Mini Moke. He drove quickly, and to remain on board he asked folk to clip on to the grab rail with a carabiner. Happy days.

Mr Marchie, what is the latest update with your recuperation?
17 days of my driving ban to go; new medication working well and keeping my blood pressure stable [GP check 28th February]/ Waiting on Mini Stroke Clinic/Workshop Programme details which I know takes 4-6 weeks to set up. Winter Trip to Spain cancelled. Beginning to increase daily exercise and reducing food intake, salf almost removed entirely from diet, and 'fingers crossed'! I feel back to normal in myself, but breathing is still quite laboured and walking speed is pretty pathetic, but less pathetic than it was yesterday!

Steve

I hope you continue to improve Steve.

I used a fake salt on my food until I got sorted and then reduced it until I was okay with the real stuff, its only a taste thing we don't actually need it.

17 days of my driving ban to go; new medication working well and keeping my blood pressure stable [GP check 28th February]/ Waiting on Mini Stroke Clinic/Workshop Programme details which I know takes 4-6 weeks to set up. Winter Trip to Spain cancelled. Beginning to increase daily exercise and reducing food intake, salf almost removed entirely from diet, and 'fingers crossed'! I feel back to normal in myself, but breathing is still quite laboured and walking speed is pretty pathetic, but less pathetic than it was yesterday!

Steve
Good to hear, albeit slow progress, which I guess is the correct way to do it. Slowly slowy, catch the monkey, and you will soon be entering half marathons!!

Good to hear, albeit slow progress, which I guess is the correct way to do it. Slowly slowy, catch the monkey, and you will soon be entering half marathons!!
More likely to be eating them than running them, I'm afraid! 'My name's Steve and I'm a chocoholic' if ever they classify chocolate as they do alcohol :D. We bought electric bikes in September, that balance the battery assist with the physical pedalling effort, so the lighter days will give me a chance to start cycling on a very gentle basis to begin to tackle the lack of stamina, and then increase the workload on a continuum. Nice theory ... :rolleyes:. Still early days, and I'll be happier when I know how long the Mini Stroke Outpatient Clinic/Workshop runs for, and what it entails.

My stress levels were going off the scale with the lack of progress on the Flat repairs after the 16th December flood from the Upstairs neighbour's pipe burst, but the Contractors should start work on Tuesday morning and have the new ceiling installed and decorated by about 24th February, so that's a little more progress on the horizon!

Steve

Make a legit claim for pain and suffering Steve.

Make a legit claim for pain and suffering Steve.
Dare not. Kev; it'll only start Elaine thinking whether she could try the same tactic against me ... :D . Tbf, the upstairs neighbour has been co-operative since I told him that I would sue for the ancillary expenses such as my policy excess and the increased renewal insurance premium [Protected NCB but Renewal Premium increased by nearly £40 last week because of 'changed Underwriting Risk' despite Aviva counterclaiming against Halifax [upstairs neighbour insurers], so he has transferred the funds to cover these and similar expenses. I already have a complaint lodged against Aviva with the Financial Services Ombudsman for their refusal to pay for the reinstatement of the water based chemical treatment against Dry Rot that we purchased in 2017 and 2019.

We've been without a Dining Room light in a north facing room in the middle of Winter since the pipe burst on 16th December because the flood blew the existing light transformer, but Aviva seem to think that's acceptable ... Maybe they only insure Moles and other individuals with Tunnel Vision ...

Steve

It's the basic minimum possible everywhere nowadays sadly, keep costs down, only do what you absolutely get away with.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back