Glasgow light pollution

andyjanet

As the crow flies we are thirty miles from Glasgow and this is the light pollution, can’t wait to be back in the dark skies forest of Dumfries F84BF6BE-855E-4131-B696-A56C7F2ABC82.jpeg

Sunglasses will sort that ☺

I agree with that AndyJanet . Friends lives up a remote valley in Dumfries & Galloway. The only thing you hear is the wind and sheep. The views to the surrounding hills are stunning.

We'll be there again next month.

Sunglasses will sort that ☺
Bane of my life is light pollution like that. Unfortunately, sunglasses won't sort it out -- even light pollution filters are rendered useless by the latest crop of wide-spectrum LED street lights. Thankfully, most of those are now designed to avoid spilling light upward, but what does bounce off the ground or otherwise end up scattered amoung dust particles and water droplets gets past even narrow band filters. Here's a website that let's you check anywhere in UK for light pollution and also compare places for it (invaluable for mobile amateur astronomers)! HTH, Geoff

If you all did a hard days work like me then you could sleep on the edge of a razer blade 12 noon in the tropics.:sleep:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back