Go Outdoors. A happy ending.

royh28

For some time we have been looking for a good winter jacket for Pauline. Go Outdoors catalogue listed a Craghoppers Aird 3in1 jacket discounted from £150 to £85.
Great! Over to Coatbridge yesterday and made the purchase. Going through the security door the alarm went off, stopped to go back to the till and the assistant waved to us to just carry on, so we did, alarm went off again but we kept on going and went home.
At home Pauline tried the jacket on again and found a security device attached.
Phoned branch and was told to come back to get tag removed. Explained it was a 32 mile round trip, assistant arranged a further 10% discount for our trouble. Not bad so went over today.
Went into store and the alarm went off! Manager meets us and apologises profusely, takes us to the till and puts £25.00 back on to my credit card! RESULT.
Very happy with Go Outdoors customer complaints policy. Christmas just got a little better.:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Merry Christmas Everyone.

I had an experience with GO a few years back.

I was on my way to the Cairngorms (tent camping in January) having previously decided to stop at GO in Newcastle to buy a decent 4 season sleeping bag. In the store I had one recommended and set off. I very nearly froze to death that night. In fact I slept in the car most of the week using whatever I could to keep warm.

On my return, I phoned their customer services, the chap I spoke to was flabbergasted. He said that the bag I had been sold was totally unsuitable for the Cairngorms and to leave it with him.

An hour later he phoned me back and asked me to pop over to my local GO where the manager would be waiting for me. I did so and the manager presented me with a Rab sleeping bag with a max rating of -40 which at the time had a price of £180 (they are much more now). I said I would get the bag I had previously purchased from the car, he told me that I could keep it for summer/autumn use and promptly did a refund.

2 new bags for nothing and a GO fan for life. Great customer service.

Well that's what I call excellent customer service!!

Will deffo use them next time I need anything for the outdoors!

Phill

Sue had a pair of walking boots that leaked cost about £85. They didn’t have another pair so went to the till with a £110 pair. Tried to pay the difference but manager wouldn’t hear of it.Sorry for your inconvenience he said

Oh I'm so unlucky.
Linda and I went to our local store with the intention of buying two new chairs,
We went in found the chair dept., I saw the ones we wanted, thought to my self I'll just try this one and sat in it not realising the air con unit was faulty and had filled the seat with water, now I have a soaking bottom, We carried on and looked at dry chair to discover this top of the range chair left a lot to desire,
Along came the manager asking if he could help, I pointed out the chair full of water and my wet backside. His response was for me to write to head office and complain to them because it wasn't his fault as they weren't doing any maintenance , I also mentioned the sub standard chair to which he shrugged and said I should add that to my first complaint.
We left.

I had an experience with GO a few years back.

I was on my way to the Cairngorms (tent camping in January) having previously decided to stop at GO in Newcastle to buy a decent 4 season sleeping bag. In the store I had one recommended and set off. I very nearly froze to death that night. In fact I slept in the car most of the week using whatever I could to keep warm.

On my return, I phoned their customer services, the chap I spoke to was flabbergasted. He said that the bag I had been sold was totally unsuitable for the Cairngorms and to leave it with him.

An hour later he phoned me back and asked me to pop over to my local GO where the manager would be waiting for me. I did so and the manager presented me with a Rab sleeping bag with a max rating of -40 which at the time had a price of £180 (they are much more now). I said I would get the bag I had previously purchased from the car, he told me that I could keep it for summer/autumn use and promptly did a refund.

2 new bags for nothing and a GO fan for life. Great customer service.
I also bought an alledged 4season bag (fish brand) reality is 3 season but l use it in mhome so not a problem,go outdoors are not all there cracked up to be

Were they the blue ones and did you still have the receipts? Both ours have worn very badly
I didn’t need a receipt just my card as all purchases are on there computer they just checked through all my purchases.yes the blue ones

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back