Going abroad stickers

Change UK front lamp units for continental ones on arrival in UK port (and change back in French port when returning). Numberplates have "UK" + flag segments, so nothing to do there for France.

UK plate next to the toilet compartment and Ecosse sticker on top rh corner of the motorhome. Headlamp self adhesive converters [Halfords] for when in Europe [to remove easily, peel the stickers off and rub the glue residue with a fibre cloth wetted with screenwash]

Ferry docked Sunday evening and drove to Scotland yesterday in 1 day, aftwe an overnight at Port Solent [4.5 miles from Ferry Port]. So happy to be back that we booked the next trip before noon today, departing 7th March on Portsmouth to Bilbao route for another 60 days ...

Steve

Don't do anything, number plates have UK and flag, headlamps are symmetrical beams so don't need changing (van is LHD)

Just put my U.K. ,eccosse and U.K. number plate logos on van beam benders in van
What do you put on ?

If your MH is over 3500kg then don't forget the Angles Morte stickers if you are going to France.

Also do you need the crit air sticker for French low emission zones or indeed the German equivalent too?

UK plate next to the toilet compartment and Ecosse sticker on top rh corner of the motorhome. Headlamp self adhesive converters [Halfords] for when in Europe [to remove easily, peel the stickers off and rub the glue residue with a fibre cloth wetted with screenwash]

Ferry docked Sunday evening and drove to Scotland yesterday in 1 day, aftwe an overnight at Port Solent [4.5 miles from Ferry Port]. So happy to be back that we booked the next trip before noon today, departing 7th March on Portsmouth to Bilbao route for another 60 days ...

Steve
If that's Brittany Ferries and you used the free upgrade to a flexible ticket they currently have on offer, you might be interested in looking at the Rosslare to Bilbao/Santander route - a far shorter drive from here (although you do have the additional crossing to Ireland).

Even if you can't swap this time, it's worth looking at for the future.

Last edited:
Last trip sitting in front of queue in Roscoff waiting to board the ferry Dozens of cars an vans boarded with No extra rear markings at all

If your MH is over 3500kg then don't forget the Angles Morte stickers if you are going to France.

Also do you need the crit air sticker for French low emission zones or indeed the German equivalent too?
Does everyone use them? I’ve seen plenty of 40ton lorries without them in France. I’ve still got the ones you let me have GMJ, and I have not fitted them as yet. I’ll ask on another thread

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back