Great neighbours

St3v3

It's always been a bit difficult getting boy's wheelchair in the truck because the path isn't quite wide enough (and didn't quite meet the pavement.) I've been temporarily laying a bit of wood down in next doors chippings.

He approached me and asked if slabs would help. So they have laid 2 slabs they had, on their land, for us. And 2 that I had where it meets the pavement. How nice :)
20200412_175551.jpg

We too have great neighbours. Card through the door at the very beginning offering any help needed. There’s a whats app group for the street with help offered from younger residents to ensure noone is in need. It’s great to feel we’re going through this together with everyone happy to help.
Let’s hope for a similar feeling here on the forum.

Our neighbour in Suffolk has been looking after our garden and pots, without being asked, while we are away, and despite losing her mum and being a keyworker. She sends me photos of the plants too. Box of wine coming back with us for her...

It takes a horrible situation like we are in to make you realise that you are a part of a comunity.
When we returned from Europe, I was amazed at the reaction from our neighbours who were all concerned for us and glad to see us back safe.
It hadn't occured to me that our travels had such an effect on them and with all the british news telling everyone to return home, they were concerned.
It's great to think you've got neighbours watch your back when you're away.

It takes a horrible situation like we are in to make you realise that you are a part of a comunity.
When we returned from Europe, I was amazed at the reaction from our neighbours who were all concerned for us and glad to see us back safe.
It hadn't occured to me that our travels had such an effect on them and with all the british news telling everyone to return home, they were concerned.
It's great to think you've got neighbours watch your back when you're away.

Same here, good neighbours are a great thing.

We have only been in the Suffolk cottage for eighteen months, and we know all the neighbours. We lived in our previous house for fourteen years and knew far fewer. I suppose it reflects the fact that here several are retired, but they took the time to introduce us to everyone in the cul de sac when we first arrived. Our neighbour just sent a text asking if I mind her removing the canopy over our front door which has been damaged in the wind. She thinks another neighbour may be able to repair it! Love them

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back