Great North Run

Winks

Afternoon Folks,

I've been having a look at somewhere to park up for three or four nights over the weekend of the Great North Run on 8th September. I had a look at the Westoe Rugby Club but they are wanting £30 /person/night. This does include breakfasts and a barbecue on the Saturday but is still a bit steep for us. Does anyone know of a more affordable alternative please?

Cheers

H

I've sent an enquiry off to South Tyneside Council as I understand they provide camping/ parking near to the finish line in Bents Park (?). I'll post the reply on here for those who are interested.

Cheers

H

Just had a quick look on the Camping Club out & about page. There is a Northumbria DA meet at Stephenson's Arms, Wylam from 5th to 9th Sept cost £6 pun. There is also a THS at Seaburn Showground, Seaburn being run by the Motorcaravan section from the 6th to the 19th September. That one is £8pun. Its right next to a morrisons supermarket and lots of public transport. If you're not a member of the Camping and Caravanning club it would be worth paying the £39 digital membership to camp with them for three nights.

Just had a quick look on the Camping Club out & about page. There is a Northumbria DA meet at Stephenson's Arms, Wylam from 5th to 9th Sept cost £6 pun. There is also a THS at Seaburn Showground, Seaburn being run by the Motorcaravan section from the 6th to the 19th September. That one is £8pun. Its right next to a morrisons supermarket and lots of public transport. If you're not a member of the Camping and Caravanning club it would be worth paying the £39 digital membership to camp with them for three nights.
Wish they did one there for the Air SHOW.

Morning Folks

As promised a reply from the council ...

This email has been classified as: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
Hi Harold

Thanks for your enquiry.

We operate a temporary camping/caravan/motorhome facility in Bents Park (approx. 1 mile from finish, and right next to where the shuttle busses to the start depart from.)

We will start taking bookings for this in April. Please forward your address and contact number if you wish to be added to the mailout.

Kind regards

Andy Buyers
Events Officer
South Tyneside Council

I thought there was one there for the air show. There used to be.
IT runs in my mind that there is a rally, don't know which club, about half a mile away, but the field behind Morrison's is excellent. For the last few years they have used it for visitor parking at £15 per car so probably earns more revenue that way.

The Ccc motor caravan site at Seaburn is very convenient but it does get a bit boggy, if there’s been heavy rain, towards the middle of the site.

Had an email from the council events people today with a booking form attached. The venue for the temporary site is Bents Park and the cost is £18 per night with a minimum of two nights.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back