Greedy Barstuard.

I go up to that area almost every month.
Apparently that garage had to change suppliers last year (previous supplier said no more ).
Eventually he found a supplier willing to provide lpg but he was also having to pay through the nose for it as well !!
There is nothing for miles around so the supplier also had him over a barrel.

According to petrolprices.com, 17/1, petrol was 127.9 & diesel was 133.9
I have also since found out that this filling station was taken over from Thames and is now Highland fuels ( inverness)
This would also explain the change of lpg supplier

Things are going to be interesting this year there’s a few massive hauliers up here got lpg trucks on trial they’re liking them so even though they can have tanks in their yard they will need to get it out on the road as well

I go up to that area almost every month.
Apparently that garage had to change suppliers last year (previous supplier said no more ).
Eventually he found a supplier willing to provide lpg but he was also having to pay through the nose for it as well !!
There is nothing for miles around so the supplier also had him over a barrel.
Still calor supplied, as i said in wc post,pump has no working guages and takes ages to fill an 11kg bottle.

Last update on filllpg app is at that price in August so should come as no surprise.

If you are low its good at ANY price. If you have plenty just move on...

K ;)

The market in B'ham is taxi drivers - presumably lpg undercuts diesel especially on older petrol cars or Jap multi-seaters.

New Gas Pump.

Nolans garage Tralee, Ireland. Price ok but the filling is... well its just Irish. Guy comes out, connects the filling hose up to my external LPG point then asks me to stand by the green button. Meanwhile he extracts a plumbers wrench from his pocket, delves inside the pump then shouts;
"Right now, press that bloody button"
Upon which I press the green button & the LPG starts to flow.
"Yer man'll fix dat soon but it's gaaas it's workin now for sure".

Don't you just love Ireland. 😱🤣😂😊

LPG Thames Lochgilphead,,,,,,,,,,,, 0.969 per ltr.
Good Afternoon

Further to the price of LPG at Thames Loch, Another way of looking at the convenience we all enjoy is, It is approx 114 miles from the terminal, that would be in the region of 57 litres of diesel used to get it there, also around 2 plus hours driving, also wear and tear on the delivery tanker, cost around £74 for diesel, £20 for wages, nearly £100, just to deliver LPG to the fuel station.
We all pay large sums to purchase motorhomes/campers/leisure vehicles. An even 50% of users moan at the cost of using them, The costs to put in place any consumable item mainly north of the boarder is huge.
If the gas was in a 6kg Calor Gas bottle of similar it would contain 11.5 litres at 80% max, cost of said bottle of gas around £23.45 = £2.04 per litre.
If Hotrats has a gas tank onboard he saved over 50% on a bottle price.
We were away for 120 plus days in the UK last year with 60+ in Scotland, We always support local facilities, OK fuel, LPG, and services are higher then we expect in the south, BUT without them we could not enjoy what Scotland gives us all..
This subject reminds me of the story of the Motorhomer/camper whom visited Skye for a week, On leaving the said isle went shopping for a stamp for a postcard, Upon being served he gleefully told the shop assistant the stamp was all he had purchased whilst there.
No wonder Motorhomer/campers get a bad reputation whilst visiting. We all need to support local communities whom mostly welcome us with open arms.

Fuel station at Thames Loch, Greedy Barstuards I dont think so.
Happy camping to one & all.

Good Afternoon

Further to the price of LPG at Thames Loch, Another way of looking at the convenience we all enjoy is, It is approx 114 miles from the terminal, that would be in the region of 57 litres of diesel used to get it there, also around 2 plus hours driving, also wear and tear on the delivery tanker, cost around £74 for diesel, £20 for wages, nearly £100, just to deliver LPG to the fuel station.
We all pay large sums to purchase motorhomes/campers/leisure vehicles. An even 50% of users moan at the cost of using them, The costs to put in place any consumable item mainly north of the boarder is huge.
If the gas was in a 6kg Calor Gas bottle of similar it would contain 11.5 litres at 80% max, cost of said bottle of gas around £23.45 = £2.04 per litre.
If Hotrats has a gas tank onboard he saved over 50% on a bottle price.
We were away for 120 plus days in the UK last year with 60+ in Scotland, We always support local facilities, OK fuel, LPG, and services are higher then we expect in the south, BUT without them we could not enjoy what Scotland gives us all..
This subject reminds me of the story of the Motorhomer/camper whom visited Skye for a week, On leaving the said isle went shopping for a stamp for a postcard, Upon being served he gleefully told the shop assistant the stamp was all he had purchased whilst there.
No wonder Motorhomer/campers get a bad reputation whilst visiting. We all need to support local communities whom mostly welcome us with open arms.

Fuel station at Thames Loch, Greedy Barstuards I dont think so.
Happy camping to one & all.
Many homes,farms and buisneses have to be supplied by gass tankers in this area,we are not the back and beyond, so suplying here is not a favour to us. OH and buy the way i was not moaning about it ,i was stating a fact.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back