Habitation Door Lock

magpie2017

Habitation Door Lock

i had a new Habitation Door Lock FAP FIRENZE 1059HZHB51PEN fitted last year, recently couldn’t unlock the door went into supplier who fitted it turns out they said that the lock was rusted up, after spraying air blowing finally freed it up but I did notice unlike all the other locks there isn’t a small plastic cover just to cover the mechanism from water ingress. Has anyone else had a similar issue if so how did you sort it or is it a case of keep spraying WD40 or similar into the lock.
cheers
malcolm

magpie2017;n30391 said:
i had a new Habitation Door Lock FAP FIRENZE 1059HZHB51PEN fitted last year, recently couldn’t unlock the door went into supplier who fitted it turns out they said that the lock was rusted up, after spraying air blowing finally freed it up but I did notice unlike all the other locks there isn’t a small plastic cover just to cover the mechanism from water ingress. Has anyone else had a similar issue if so how did you sort it or is it a case of keep spraying WD40 or similar into the lock.
cheers
malcolm

Get a plastic juice bottle cut it to cover lock mechanism ,with spare ,heat with a hairdryer or like and mould roughly to shape then once happy with it sikoflex it orsilicone it to the door cheap n easy but will do the job?

Bit of graphite on the key works well, also a bit of washing up liquid on the key. Ours often needs a bit of tlc

I put wd40 in every lock once a year and don’t have issues. This is because I use the van in winter ski resorts with lots of salt around.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back