Habitation door security

Not sure an axe is legal, but baseball bat, as long as U have the bail, is fine apparently.
Perhaps if u have the matching fork for the axe, it could be ok!!!!😀😀
We have a cricket bat and ball, it’s for the “grand children“ to play with.

You can change your awning light to a PIR one and/or fit a 12 volt PIR unit connected to an alarm.

I also rigged up an old dashcam to a PIR so it operates when anyone comes close when the van is parked on my driveway. It is not needed since I fitted a security camera on the house but I might refit it as it gives good close ups.

What about a simple couple of bolts on the interior at 1/3 and 2/3.
Exit via a cab door !
Easy to open in an emergency
A rabid dog inside is probably the most effective weapon !

The door on my van is too flimsy to fit bolts to it but it has a channel around the edge that they use to fit the hinges. This goes all the way round so I made up a little bracket that fits to it and protrudes into the van so that a short bar can be put through the hole bolt style; if you see what I mean. A bar thro1616580589751.pngugh the door handle also works. Both are in the photos. 1616580555431.png1616580630948.png

I spent a lot of time researching van security while I was building mine out. Back in Essex, van crime is rife. My work van was targeted a few times over the years.

Maybe join a Facebook Van security group. You will definitely come away with ideas.

I don't think it's such a bad idea to have a visual deterrent. A CCTV and a Tracker sticker in the windows might be enough for a thief to think twice. A big ass metal plate reinforcing the existing lock area will show you mean business.

Those Thule or similar external bolt type locks are knocked off with a hammer in seconds. Search on YouTube for the exact model of lock you are thinking of purchasing and you'll be able to tell if it will work for you.

Oh, consider a quick release bar or chain between the cab doors to keep them impossible to open from outside (I've used a ratchet strap between the door handles in dodgy areas). 😎

The Thule Interior Cab Locks look quite good for protection on the front doors.
end of the day, a good insurance policy is probably the best investment.

I find an axe or baseball close to hand works as a deterrent 😂😂😂

II have a large Maglite torch which is kept at the side of the bed at night...

...plus a large, angry Welshman holding it menacingly (that's me btw
hehe.gif
)

What about a simple couple of bolts on the interior at 1/3 and 2/3.
Exit via a cab door !
Easy to open in an emergency
A rabid dog inside is probably the most effective weapon !
We have deadlocks on the cab doors.
Not rabid, but our dog sleeps by the hab door. She does have very large sharp teeth and doesn’t like to let go……..

5F007A98-FDD1-44F3-938E-832646E18BE9.jpeg

We have always used these below on hab and garage doors
I have always negotiated a deal if buying a few!

View attachment 58935

If you have a ordinary white van man cab, you cab fit a plastic covered steel cable across between the two doors.
Don't use a ratchet strap as they can easily remove a window and cut the strap

However, I wouldn't worry too much as the easiest way into most vans is through a window
These are the ones on my van. The best thing about them is that they look the same whether locked or not.

It depends on which country they are made, they do differ.
To be honest, we have never had a pair nicked and they were always on the step, and often 2 pairs.
They probably were too smelly :D
I’m only a size 8. I might buy a pair of size twelves just for the step.:ROFLMAO:

I’m only a size 8. I might buy a pair of size twelves just for the step.:ROFLMAO:

Yes... probably another occasion in life where bigger is best
smile.gif

There is real no point as windows can be opened so easy in seconds.
Fit a good alarm on all doors windows and lockers
Windows can be prised open easily, but only if they do open? As for locks, look at 'lockpickinglawyer'
on youtube. In my last van, I used 6inch brass bolts on the inside of all doors. easy to use and easy to get out if necessary but prevents the casual thief. On my next van, I am considering not having opening windows.

I have 'Lock m outs' on my hab windows.

They are a visible deterrent as much as a physical one. If the scrotes want to get in I guess they will. They would regret doing it if I was in residence though o_O :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back