Hard Winter Ahead?

Winks

Around my neck of the woods the hedges are absolutely hanging in Hawthorn berries. If folklore is to be believed it presages a hard winter in the offing, therefore a bit of offing could well be in the offing for us.

Cheers

H

Around my neck of the woods the hedges are absolutely hanging in Hawthorn berries. If folklore is to be believed it presages a hard winter in the offing, therefore a bit of offing could well be in the offing for us.

Cheers

H
winks, thats just what i was thinking.........pottering and cutting down bushes in garden.........holly bush laydend with huge berries......as is the hawthorn..........also never seen so many blackberries in garden........a couple of more bushes...dont know their names...bearing white berries.
keeping fingers crossed that we dont get a bad winter tho.......

I work on the principle that the years usually average out , and so far this year has been very dry and warm for us , so
cold and wet seems likely , so that means snow later in . JMHO :)

Unfortunately it is just that, folklore. No basis in fact.
probably korky.........was saying only yesterday........that ive never seen the birds in or on the hawthorn etc. they usually are in and out of the golden privet......or the large fushia bush.....or in the trees etc........the blackberries in the garden not showing any signs of birds having a meal of them...etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back