Have you bought your tree yet?

Pudsey Bear

Are you getting or already have a plastic one?

What type and how tall a plastic tree?

Are you getting a real tree?

I rooted one to keep?

A bare one?

No tree for us, Kev. We're miserable old gits who treat Xmas as any other day [though we would normally be in Spain in Brunhilde having spent the Xmas Fund on the Trip!]. We buy what we want/need at the time [and adjust the timing to take account of sales or offers]. Ebenezer Scrooge is my role model :D

Steve

We have a real tree on the garage roof in a tub, it's seen better days but still has a green lumps on itcso that will get a some cheapo coloured flashing lights on it, we also have a huge Yew tree and even bigget Holly tree these may get some light, we discuss it each year but not done it yet, fo inside we have a choice of fake trees, all of which are horrible, but Liz likes them so I go along with it, the only thing I like up are the Harry Potter style candles in the lounge window they look great from outside we've had them three years and they still work fine.

1670594700717.jpeg

No tree for us, Kev. We're miserable old gits who treat Xmas as any other day [though we would normally be in Spain in Brunhilde having spent the Xmas Fund on the Trip!]. We buy what we want/need at the time [and adjust the timing to take account of sales or offers]. Ebenezer Scrooge is my role model :D

Steve
I am sure Elaine mentioned another Dickens Character? :unsure:

Tiny Tim? 😄

We have a real tree on the garage roof in a tub, it's seen better days but still has a green lumps on itcso that will get a some cheapo coloured flashing lights on it, we also have a huge Yew tree and even bigget Holly tree these may get some light, we discuss it each year but not done it yet, fo inside we have a choice of fake trees, all of which are horrible, but Liz likes them so I go along with it, the only thing I like up are the Harry Potter style candles in the lounge window they look great from outside we've had them three years and they still work fine.

View attachment 65198
Thats plane to see.plane.png

We have a fake one which is getting on now. I'm not a fan of killing a tree every year so your idea of having a potted one is a good one to my eyes Kev.

We put the tree up on Thursday - much to my chagrin - as we are away now until the 19th and Mrs GMJ didn't want to put it up when we get back.

I expect today will be a day of misery messing about with all things jolly (NOT) but Liz will be happy when I help her so help her I will as a grumpy Liz is not a peasant thing, although she doesn't do it often, she did throw a cup of tea at me once, I jsut said if that had been hot I'd not have got that, she laughed and went to get a cloth, funny things wimmin, not sussed where the batteries fit yet.

Fake half-a-tree in a basket that hangs on the wall. Goes back in it's box with deccys and lights on every year.
This year the 30 year old lights didn't work.......
Until I unravelled them and got to the last one, they came back to life & got put back on for another year.

We had a live rooted tree in a tub which cost £30 four years ago. Each year it went back into the ground in its tub, grew really well till this summer, when it died in the drought. Looked at artificial (we gave our twenty five year old one to our son) but they are a ridiculous price. Waiting for a cut price real one to put in the ground again . It never goes up till 16/12 ( birthday) so they all get reduced by then;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back