Have you drained down your boiler and fresh water tank yet?

We don't drain down as we have a convector heater set on lowest setting and on a timer overnight to coincide with our economy seven electricity settings. Also leave all cupboard doors open so the "warmth" gets everywhere. Also leave the Truma water heater set on ECO and on its built-in timer. Never had any problems even in really freezing weather. Waste tank left open - disinfect it with a bleach solution before we set off anywhere.

Not yet, been meaning to do it for weeks.
Might get round to it today, we did have one night a wee bit frosty last week but not that cold and it has warmed up since. My tanks are on board.

OK finally got round to it today but I need help.

Red button up or down? Nothing seems to come out whichever I do, so maybe it has dumped already, and now I can't remember which position I started on.

I guess this is probably all obvious, but not had a Motorhome so trying to work out what is sensible to do as going to start hitting zero fairly soon, but I am wanting/hoping to use the Motorhome over the wintertime?
Don't forget it can freeze up while your in it as well I have a frost stat heater installed in the heater locker for when vans unattended but if cold while away always leave heater on overnight. This year its drained already as shan't be using it this winter

Red button up or down?
Down to drain I use a clothes peg to keep mine closed while in use to stop the drain. To start yours you may have to open a tap and or turn pump on
5.jpg

Last edited:
Cold forecast for last night and later in the week down here in west Wales, so I drained down our boiler last night...just in case.

All drained down as parked up as many vans are this winter .
if we was on the road we don't, we leave heating on low 24/7 as its wet heating , it use very little 12v power ..all water pipes are internal which helps and tank insulated well..

Last edited:
We use ours all winter (we just came back from a week at Cardigan Bay...no lockdown breaking, as we live in west Wales). I only tend to put the heating on the day before we are going away just to take the chill off. If it is cold out we can use the en route heating whilst travelling.

Luckily our is on our drive so I can plug in when I want etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back