Have you noticed...

Vanterrier

...That since I got a van with underslung refillable LPG tank, the garage forecourts are removing LPG pumps
...That the owners of CAMC CL basic sites that only charge £4 or £5 per night are all elderly and have sons or daughters who are waiting to take over and install EHU's showers and toilets that we don't need then try to charge us £20 for the privilege
...That you don't need something until eight days after you have thrown it out
So what have you noticed?

K ;)

Last edited:
I noticed that the squares on my kitchen roll have suddenly got smaller. ??they used to overhang my coffee tray. ?

18B4CE7E-C62D-4609-AB54-60DDF0BA1FEA.jpeg

Not motorhome related, but ...
... "Wagon wheels" have shrunk to become more like "Caster wheels", and "Mars" bars of today were called "fun size" a few years ago;
... KFC clean-up wipes that used to be the size of men's handkerchiefs are now barely large enough to clean eyeglasses;
... we have access to hundreds of TV channels but still can't find anything worth watching; and
... (one for stargazers) my local council 'upgraded' street lighting to broad spectrum LED a few months after I bought an expensive light-pollution filter

[QUOTE="GeoffL, post: 135813, member: 855
... we have access to hundreds of TV channels but still can't find anything worth watching; and

[/QUOTE]
Seriously thinking of saving a bit of weight by throwing the TV in the ?

That my feet are hidden from view these days when I am standing upright.

That a processed meal for 4 isn't really big enough for a single person with a healthy appetite!

That the NHS appear to blame everything on someone who drinks alcohol............. In stark contrast, over in France when stopping in hospital every single meal is served with wine!

Barbers don't cut hair any longer !

Teaspoons 'run away from home" all the time and never return.

I've noticed how cars are becoming more like computers, that people don't speak clearly anymore, how every radio/TV/phone & computer is listening to you (unless like me you don't let them!), how loads of people drive at 15-20mph in a 30-40mph limit!

When I have some money, the interest rates go through the floor, when we sold our house there was a housing price crash, when I was left some stocks & shares the markets crashed.
I give up!

My wife thinks I'm a miserable old git!!!!!
Phill

Have you noticed that modern society is gradually taking away the right for anyone to make decisions.
Cars tell you when to change gear, when you're not driving economically, to fast but never to slow.
There are signs everywhere warning of all sorts of impending doom.
Then there's computers they are just bossy.

Do think I may be have reached a certain age!!!!!

Last edited:
Have you noticed that modern society is gradually taking away the right for anyone to make decisions.
Cars tell you when to change gear, when you're not driving economically, to fast but never to slow.
There are signs everywhere warning of all sorts of impending doom.
Then there's computers they are just bossy.

Do think I may be have reached a certain age!!!!!
If you have join the club I got there years ago.

[QUOTE="time4t, post: 136145, member: 157

Phill
[/QUOTE]

Why?

Phill

Why?
[/QUOTE]
I come from a long line of miserable old git’s so have had plenty of practice, now I have never met you so please don’t take offense but is it just possible your wife is correct?

Time accelerates one heck of a lot faster the older you get.

You have to plan when going out in case you need the toilet.

You care less and less what people think about you.

Yoofs are from another planet.

Holes appear much quicker in underwear.

Ones willy retreats into the pubis as you age compounding the fact that you weren't exactly King Dong to begin with.

Phill

Why?
[/QUOTE]
You mean to tell me that you don't know!
Ah right I see what you're saying, so you must be a very cheerful character, maybe we should get together so you can cheer me up while I help you see the world as it really is!
????.

Phill

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back