Have you registered your Drone ?

Found out this morning, I had heard nothing since the summer and a mock registration offer, now it has gone ahead and by the end of November!!!!!
Costs £9 per year or belong to an approved club or association. I will go to a club with group insurance, as that is worth the extra tenner. I Still do not know the exam business, having a commercial pilots licence may cover something.

Saw the saviour for all those who don’t like drone noise - the submersible drone - it’s actually tethered but does the same job albeit over a smaller area.

Cannot see kids getting a lic here as there bought for xmas pressies along with electric scooters/bikes & qw bikes,streets here are like bee hives after xmas.

I used to fly fixed wing model planes several years ago.
Out of curiosity I thought I would try the test. (we had to pass one for planes, you were checked by a real live examiner)

This one is totally different but I got 18 out of 20 points and I don't have or want one.
Skill wise, this test checks nothing in my opinion whereas the fixed wing test checked you could actually fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we think that this will make any difference to those who want to be antisocial - they just won't bother.

My drone is name plated and insured for use in Germany. Do you reckon I need to register and get the licence for using it in the UK when I come back for holiday? Whats the rule for non-domiciles? Ta for any info

I didn't realise Maplin were still running online! (I don't have a drone)

I didn't realise Maplin were still running online! (I don't have a drone)
Relaunched as Online only (shame the shops have gone. had some weird stuff as well as all the little random bits and pieces you could want :) The Radio Shack stores were good like that as well :) )

Yeah I liked the shops. I remember walking in once to ask if they sold Smart Things. I got a blank look like I was mad. (It's a Samsung line of smart devices in case you wondered)
It was my go-to shop for lengths of cable and connectors.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back