heating Allowance

Deleted member 144

The Government HMRT is still giving out money, we have just received £200 heating allowance from them, well as we are unlikely to be in Spain /Portugal this year we can now afford another log or two for the fire .

Will use this thread to remind people to check how much they pay for their heating (especially for those of use who don't get a £200 allowance ;) ).
Prices can vary massively.

In my area, people outside the main towns have no gas supplies and generally use Heating Oil. There are two different suppliers and their prices have become very different!
I just filled my tank up. Added 800 Litres of Kerosene and the difference in price between the two suppliers is a whopping £89 - hell of a difference there!

I know that for some people the payment of this allowance makes a big difference to their household budget. I am also aware that many people pass this payment on to help others through their chosen charities. If you happen to fall into the latter category can I please ask that, regardless of which charity you support, we all remember to use the gift aid system.

Just a reminder to boost the benefits at no cost to yourself.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back