Hebrides Ferry Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cv

Just a heads up for anyone heading to the Hebrides, motorhomes are presently being turned away even if they have a booking. Link

Wait a minute, we have two new ferries to ease the problem. Oh wait another minute, the two new ferries are the problem, or lack off.

Reads like poor maintenance to the vessel CO2 auto firefighting system to become inoperable. Poor show indeed.

I thought that some time ago I read that tourists may be bumped at short notice for local priorities at any time. This to protect the lives of the islanders and that seems reasonable to me.

Has something changed please?

I thought that some time ago I read that tourists may be bumped at short notice for local priorities at any time. This to protect the lives of the islanders and that seems reasonable to me.

Has something changed please?
While islanders needs are priority, many islanders survive and earn an income through tourism, right down to the garage filling station, or the wee village corner shop. Islanders, and those of us who like touring the inner and outer Hebrides are being severely let down by the owners of CalMac.

I do recognise the islanders needs for tourism, but didn't add it in my question because I wanted to know whether anything had suddenly changed, or whether it was simply old news being rehashed in the "silly season". 🙂

Is this the inner or outer hebrides....

There is a sign available for one's desk "The buck stops here", there's a wee lady in Edinburgh who needs one as a reminder to get her real job done!

I do recognise the islanders needs for tourism, but didn't add it in my question because I wanted to know whether anything had suddenly changed, or whether it was simply old news being rehashed in the "silly season". 🙂
Unfortunately the current CM fleet is an ageing fleet. I keep in touch with a previous a apprentice of mine who works with a major marine repair company. I’ll receive a msg with image of him mobilised to Greenock to work on a broken CM vessel. Same at Leith Docks, broken CM vessel. It is clear the current old fleet are struggling to remain seaworthy, and those living in the islands are suffering for poor fleet investment. And this affects us too, if you with to tour inner/outer Hebrides.
Ps. Recently an additional vessel has been added to Oban/Craiginure crossing. Vessel, which is not exactly large, purchased from Norwegian ferry operator, not an old vessel, 2015 I think, Noggies are upgrading their fleet to more green powered vessels, if they can do this, why can’t Scotland? Answer on a postage stamp.
Pps, add new fleet addition cost to the other two unfinished vessels.

There is a sign available for one's desk "The buck stops here", there's a wee lady in Edinburgh who needs one as a reminder to get her real job done!
Not so much of the "lady" please . . . anyone less like a lady is beyond comprehension, Most Devious b**t**d imaginable 🤮🤮🤮

What is her 'real job', in your expert opinion?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back