Help Burstner/ Fiat Ducato

Burge

Hope someone could shed a light please..... took Van for a run before our trip up to Scotland nxt wk up M6 to J16 back to J15 on leaving M6 Van just dropped revs cralled off R/ about in 2nd no response off throttle at all , as I nearly came to a standstill all of a sudden revs came back up & got it home , no lights on Dash feeling very apprehensive now going take it again tomorrow see how it goes , thanks Chris.

May have picked up a rogue fault and went into limp home mode, sometimes stopping and switching off the engine for a couple of minutes is enough to clear the fault. Pop into a friendly local garage and hook up to a diagnostics to put your mind at rest.

expand...
I have been informed about this "touching the brake and accelerator at the same time" I Googled the problem this morning & come across a post in a 'Fiat ' forum where a chap had the same thing happen on his Ducato 2 separate Fiat Dealerships told him by doing this puts the Van in 'safety mode' he says he didn't think he had touched both as do I, BUT, I have had our Van on Diagnostics today & apart from 1 other issue logged in (pass w/dow relay) there was a logged 'Brake & Accelerator Battery' issue.So maybe Fiat are correct , Faults all cleared & Van seems OK, 👍👍👍

So I've run the Van since having the Diagnostics & I'm hoping all is OK for our trip this Friday up to Scotland , will be going up M6 Fri to a Pub stop if anyone spots us waving a Flag please 🙏 help 🤞🤞🤞. Thanks Chris.

Is this an auto? I have had only autos except for motorbikes since 1978 and never heard of touching brake and accelerator doing that. You should not do it but with the old autos I was always told it was because it could damage the torque converter. A lot of todays autos are mainly some sort of robotised manual gearbox though.

If it can cause a problem like that I would be getting a code reader than can reset faults

It's called Comformatic not Automatic apparently it has no Park position, the lad that did the Diagnostics has never come across this before neither & has worked on a lot of Vans , I've read on Fiat forums of this happening to others , and Fiat saying it is in 'Safety mode 'just puts you in a very uncomfortable position to drive after it has done it on you ,so very apprehensive about our forthcoming trip up North 🤞🤞

It is a bad habit to get into using both feet with any kind of auto, not something I ever suffered with having only one leg though, see there is always a bright side to things if folks look hard enough 😂😂😂

If you are worried get yourself a code reader so you can clear fault conditions, you don’t have to spend much. The one I use is an Autel Maxi AP200 and they cost less than £50

Edit: if no park it will be a semi auto. Mine is a Sprinter base with the 6 speed Sprintshift. While mine will be a lot older they are both roboticised manual boxes

I don't use both both feet had Automatic cars for yrs , think it's cos the Van Pedals r close together as I might of just caught one or the other hopefully that's what caused it to do what it did (engine running but no revs) will see how we go on Friday 👍

May have picked up a rogue fault and went into limp home mode, sometimes stopping and switching off the engine for a couple of minutes is enough to clear the fault. Pop into a friendly local garage and hook up to a diagnostics to put your mind at rest.
Just had this. Dirty diesel fuel filter. Change filter and add injector clean to fuel tank.
Otherwise could be particulate filter needs cleaning.

Back