Help needed: identification of paint code; 2001 Ducato

GeoffL

My motorhome is a 2001 Autotrail Scout built on the Ducato front end. The offside wing has started showing signs of 'fiat flake' and so we need to get some touch-up paint. However, I can't identify the colour code. There's no paint code sticker on the the underside of the bonnet or on the pillars of either cab doors and no paint code given on the VIN plates. Any ideas where the sticker might be or how else to identify the paint code?

Thanks, Geoff

paintnuts.co.uk can usually identify your paint code from the registration number

Steve
Thanks Steve. I never thought anyone could do that. Paintnuts.co.uk identify the van as an "Autotrail Ducato Cheyenne". I'm guessing that it's actually a Scout won't matter since Autotrail probably used the same paint on all the coachbuilts produced that year.

I ordered touch-up paint from Paintnuts. However, I got an email back saying they couldn't identify the correct paint from the registration and asking me to supply the paint code! Apparently, the van is too old and predates their system! I emailed back to say the van is stored and I won't be able to get to it until the weekend -- but I'll have a much more thorough look then. They phoned back yesterday and said they might be able to identify the colour from a photo (I'm dubious because nothing's calibrated, but I sent them a photo anyway). I also passed on @Greengrass 's suggested code, which they described as "creamy white"; but the paint looks more a cold white to me. So, I've asked them to hold off supply until I can have another look and possibly ask my local Fiat dealer and then get back to them.

My paint code is on the cross member where your bonnet clicks into on the left had side there is a silver sticker with the paint code on and my van is a 2009 relay.

We have a paint shop in Barnstaple take the vehicle to them and they match the colour up for you maybe you have one near you,
PS Just checked for my code and just like you there's not one same age as your's

We have a paint shop in Barnstaple take the vehicle to them and they match the colour up for you maybe you have one near you,
PS Just checked for my code and just like you there's not one same age as your's
Thanks. I'd be grateful for details of that place just in case all else fails. I only store the van about an hour and a half from Barnstaple and I could combine the visit with a weekend cycling the Tarka Trail!

Thanks. I'd be grateful for details of that place just in case all else fails. I only store the van about an hour and a half from Barnstaple and I could combine the visit with a weekend cycling the Tarka Trail!
Where are you

My paint is flaking too 07 Ducato, seems they all did it, touch up paint seems to lift the edges around the bare bit.

Be cheaper to get mine repainted I think.

My paint is flaking too 07 Ducato, seems they all did it, touch up paint seems to lift the edges around the bare bit.
I've heard it referred to as "Fiat Flake" and it does seem to be a class defect on all Fiat models more than a dozen or so years old. The issue seems to be lack of adhesion between primer and top coat, so it's essential to get back to sound paint before touching up. I just hope that I don't end up chasing mine across the entire wing :eek:

I was quoted £700 quid for mine way to expensive.
Might be a good excuse to head to Turkey for a while. "Courts & Meeks" got theirs sprayed overall for about £1,000!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back