Help needed van changed dash to Italian.

LT Man

Does anybody know hot to get language back to English on a Fiat Ducato 2019.
My friend took his van to the lakes this morning and although it was in English when he drove it home from dealer last week, it has now changed to Italian.
He has been on to fiat assist but they did not manage to act upon their name. They did not know answer.
Does anybody know procedure to sort this.

LT Man

P24 of the Ducato Owners Manual I've looked at says this:-
Language selection (language)
Display messages can be shown in different languages: Italian, German, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Dutch.
To set the desired language, proceed as follows:
- briefly press the MODE button: the previously set "language" starts flashing on the display;
- press the ٧ or ٨ button to select;
- press the MODE button briefly to return to the menu screen or hold the button down to return to the standard screen without storing.

Does that mean it’s also stuck in reverse?
No shouldn’t have said that. After all we’re all on the same side now. Well until Friday ?

He can not get the same functions as the manual.
Mine is 2010 and also says how to change the language but must admit
I can no get into mine also.
Same as my friend just the speed beep, time pass air bag, km or miles . nowt else.

He can not get the same functions as the manual.
Mine is 2010 and also says how to change the language but must admit
I can no get into mine also.
Same as my friend just the speed beep, time pass air bag, km or miles . nowt else.
Is this is with ignition ON but engine NOT running? The MENU is reduced when the engine is running.

Last edited:
This is the full MENU which is only active when the engine is not running. Note that to change the language the MODE button should only be pressed briefly.

full menu.jpg

Well I have a similar thing on the Sprinter, there is a steering wheel controller to give you information and it brings things up in a very random way and you can go arround in circles trying to get the Adblue tank information one day it is one push, the next it is nowhere to be found, I hate all menus and sub menus they are trying to hide things from you.

My manual shows the same options, but rather than as an image, as text. Maybe this'll help?
IMG_20190325_093134.jpgIMG_20190325_093219.jpg

If you have the 5" Uconnect radio you do the language settings via the settings button adjacent to the radio (top right of the radio unit) the radio takes presidence over the conventional mode button bottom right of steering wheel.

Had a similar problem and each time it happened could not rem
Does anybody know hot to get language back to English on a Fiat Ducato 2019.
My friend took his van to the lakes this morning and although it was in English when he drove it home from dealer last week, it has now changed to Italian.
He has been on to fiat assist but they did not manage to act upon their name. They did not know answer.
Does anybody know procedure to sort this.

LT Man
Hi I have made a small video on procedure to change radio and dash back to English. Tried to upload here in mp4 but it says file does not have an allowed extension. I could email it to you

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back