Help. Trauma water boiler problem.

Harleyboygaz3

Just wondered if any of you might be able to shed some light on a problem just occurred this morning with our water boiler. Haven’t used it for a while now but switched on as normal and green light came on then shortly after the red light came on also? So I switched it on and off so green light came on then shortly again the red light came on again. Tried once again and this time green light stayed on. Left for 10 mins then Tried hot water on tap in bathroom and water was hot so all good I think.. Went outside and saw that hot water was flowing out of the overflow? So have had to isolate the cold water feed to the boiler so I can just use the kitchen sink until I find a solution. If I don’t isolate ,when I turn on water switch the cold flows straight out of the overflow also?

Thanks in advance Gary

Just wondered if any of you might be able to shed some light on a problem just occurred this morning with our water boiler. Haven’t used it for a while now but switched on as normal and green light came on then shortly after the red light came on also? So I switched it on and off so green light came on then shortly again the red light came on again. Tried once again and this time green light stayed on. Left for 10 mins then Tried hot water on tap in bathroom and water was hot so all good I think.. Went outside and saw that hot water was flowing out of the overflow? So have had to isolate the cold water feed to the boiler so I can just use the kitchen sink until I find a solution. If I don’t isolate ,when I turn on water switch the cold flows straight out of the overflow also?

Thanks in advance Gary
Have you a anti freeze release valve that has tripped?

Check the outlet and see if there is any cobwebs or any debris in it.

Thanks for replies guys, I think it could be a fault with the safety shut off valve as we have used it a couple of times now and the light has stayed green and have had a couple of showers without problems. Have got some dripping going on under the van so now I’m back and not using the van for awhile I think I’ll take valve out and clean and replace and try see if I can stop the drips.. ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back