Hgv and trailer mots suspended for 3 months

The laird

Rally Organiser

Just received notification that all hgv,trailers and psv vehicles will have the mot tests suspended for three months
I wonder if cars and motorhomes are next ?

Attachments

• B63322EB-5C1F-4A3C-A00F-C236237F3492.png
    B63322EB-5C1F-4A3C-A00F-C236237F3492.png
    497.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Just received notification that all hgv,trailers and psv vehicles will have the mot tests suspended for three months
I wonder if cars and motorhomes are next ?
I wondered about that as my car is due its first one end of this month (booked in this coming Tuesday in fact).

I read the info and not fully understanding if a vehicle that has a Class 4 MOT and is taxed as an HGV (ie. a Heavy Motorhome) gets the 3 month extension or not? (mine due within 2 months so would eligible for the extension if so)

Mines is going in next sat david it’s not due till next month but would rather early than the hassle in August?

Mines is going in next sat david it’s not due till next month but would rather early than the hassle in August?
If you take it in over a month before it is due, do you get a 12 or a 13 month MOT do you know?
Seems a bit unfair that if you take in it 30 days early, you get effectively a 13 month ticket, but 32 days early and maybe just a 12 month ticket?

Yeah that’s why I’m going in early 13 month ticket but if it fails it means the fail over rules the current cert

Ah right, you are getting it within the month due :) Always a good idea.

This is quite funny ...
"What to do if you think you should not have been issued an exemption

Email DVSA if your vehicle has been issued an MOT exemption and you think it should not have received one."

I can't imagine many (any?) people emailing DVSA to say they should not have received one?

If you take it in over a month before it is due, do you get a 12 or a 13 month MOT do you know?
Seems a bit unfair that if you take in it 30 days early, you get effectively a 13 month ticket, but 32 days early and maybe just a 12 month ticket?
Unfair, but that's how it is. More than 30 days early, it expires 12 months from the test date, not the old certificate's expiry date.

I went to an MOT place that tests heavier vehicles and asked them about the extension and they have not heard anything to alter the current process, and both Class 4 and Class 7 Tests are running as normal. So anyone with a PHGV type Motorhome will have to get their MOT in the normal way and normal timescales, at least as far as today is concerned.

Out of interest, the chap also said there there was initially potential parts supply problems, but a lot of suppliers are now only selling to the trade.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back