Hit by flying wheel hub, advice please

Not saying he wouldn't pay. I was suggesting it could be more likely he will just give you his insurance details, which is perfectly fine to do even for a gentleman - especially as I bet he will have a single policy for all his vehicles and just use that.
That's what he has done but that would involve our insurance too unfortunately

He must have been flying at a very low altitude to hit your vehicle with his wheel hub. :eek:

@yogibear
I assume you exchanged details and have his address, get quotes for, or if already done a receipt for repairs and send it to the other party.

Ask if he wishes to settle it direct or would he prefer you to go via his insurance.

If he does not pay, or ignores you or says via insurance you need to decide if it’s worth the effort
Even though the third party is at fault so you won’t loose your no claims you are still making a claim.

So for the next few years you will have to state that when shopping around for a new policy and inevitably that could hike the premium or prevent you getting quotes online from some providers as they will want ‘more information’!

The vehicle in front had a blow out. The hub flew off and hit the van causing damage. 1. Do we have recourse to the owner of the blow out vehicle and 2. Will the insurance company increase our premium if we claim? Thanks much appreciation for any advice given.
Yes, you have recourse against the other party, assuming he’s insured! Whether it’s worth claiming from your insurers is another matter entirely. Your excess (if you have one) may exceed the cost, your premium will most likely increase and you could lose no-claims bonus.
If you know who the other party is, you could try claiming a simple cash settlement or, the small claims court, with the hassle that entails!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back