Holiday in the UK and LIVE!

I only use my motorhome in the UK, its difficult to go abroad when you don't have passport, I have a paper non photo driving licence too.
It can be tricky when you don't have any photo ID, some people just don't believe you!!
There are so many lovely places in the UK I have yet to see, why pay to go somewhere where you don't know what they are saying to you.
(mind you there a lot of places in the UK where you can't understand the locals.)
I quite agree, although I can't understand why you only have a paper driving license. As far as I'm aware, DVLA sent photo licenses to everyone automatically because paper ones are no longer required to be carried.

I quite agree, although I can't understand why you only have a paper driving license. As far as I'm aware, DVLA sent photo licenses to everyone automatically because paper ones are no longer required to be carried.

I’ve never had a photo one. Never had a problem with the paper one abroad for hire cars. At 70 I will have to get a photo one.

Only got a photo one a few years ago. Again no problems abroad, even though it had wrong post code on it.:LOL: Became a problem over here though. Can't remember why though.

Only got a photo one a few years ago. Again no problems abroad, even though it had wrong post code on it.:LOL: Became a problem over here though. Can't remember why though.

It's because it is your legal responsibility to notify the authorities immediately when you move house.............. and if you are a dog owner then it makes sense to notify your pet chip provider of your change of address as well, just in case it gets lost.

Me too!!! I still remember the time on a motorway when an Italian in front of me missed his turning and thought it perfectly acceptable to reverse back towards me so that he could have another go.

Still not quite certain how I didn't slam into him. :eek:

One morning while going home we had to stop at a slip road junction to the A11. Reversing back up this slip road from the A11 was a lorry driven by a very brown person. Teeth and whites of his eyes were visible. Needless to say gave him a very wide berth.

One morning while going home we had to stop at a slip road junction to the A11. Reversing back up this slip road from the A11 was a lorry driven by a very brown person. Teeth and whites of his eyes were visible. Needless to say gave him a very wide berth.
He may have eaten you.:eek:

Driving in germany was a doddle and there roundabouts were a good idea and not like the dodgem drivers we have here.
As for england,well there all mad and drive with the boot to the board,and that includes on roundabouts.

Driving in germany was a doddle and there roundabouts were a good idea and not like the dodgem drivers we have here.
As for england,well there all mad and drive with the boot to the board,and that includes on roundabouts.
Excuse me, but we are not ALL mad. Some of us have been professional drivers for over 40 years, (HGV1 in my case), and always drive within the capabilities of ourselves and our vehicles. Please do not tar everybody with the same brush.

VOSA changed to DVSA when the hgv/psv testing merged with the driving test side , and before that it was Vehicle Inspectorate ?

And here they are showing their new uniforms to celebrate...UNIFORMS 2.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back