How much drink do you take?

wildebus

Talking all drinks ... Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, the lot.

I pack a lot of drinks because I don't really have a specific favourite and like to be able to pick what takes my fancy at the time, so in the drinks box this weekend is:

Spiced Rum
White Rum
White Wine
Cider
Lager
Coke-Cola
Dr Pepper
Orange Fanta
Sprite
San Pellegrino Lemon
San Pellegrino Orange
Rubicon Lemon-Lime
Rubicon Orange-Mango
Rubicon Strawberry-Kiwi
Still Water
Sparkling Water
and of course, multiple cans and bottles of each as well, as if one gets drunk, still want the option to have another one!

So after a weekend, around 90% of the drink is untouched and comes back and is effectively ballast. Does anyone else have this kind of bad drinks habit? (It wouldn't be so bad if I actually drunk more!)

For a weekend a couple of beers and two bottles of wine (1 red 1 white).

I'm just a plain lager man happy with a couple of cans, don't like the 5% stuff way to strong.

I'm just a plain lager man happy with a couple of cans, don't like the 5% stuff way to strong.
Must admit when it comes to beer, for me, the weaker the better! Don't know how people can drink the daft strength stuff!

Packed some miniature bottles of port given as gift. Couple of bottles of wine and a couple of cans of beer before our trip. Coming back laden with wine boxes, beers and an assortment of bottles to last us till end of year. Use some gifts for friends. We used to have a similar choice as wildebus in our previous van but it was never used so will just have minimum now and top up when we need it. Must weigh loads! This is first trip in this van so we may change our minds ;)

Last edited:
Most of my trips tend to be home to event then home, so no shops on the way and expensive drinks on site, hence carrying so much.
Really do need to pare down the selection!

Reactions: Rec
Mainly
1 Good lager (Bud or Stella)
2 Spiced Rum
3 Red wine
4 Cider if hot

I like British Ale so a Cask ale from a pub...
But Lagers above are cheaper and more reliable in MoHo
Bottles of Beer nogo
Not found many canned UK ales at sensible prices

BTW the above is just for Monday

Always have around 10 bottles wine and about 12 beers
I top up most days
10 litres good drinking water quashes and Mrs has bottle spirit
Usually, I tend to carry wine I like that I can’t get locally on our tours
When you say "good drinking water" does that include the water that goes into the kettle for hot drinks (and cooking?). For myself. I use the tap water for that and only have bottled for convenience if wandering around, etc.

We have 6 bottles of red.
Gins.
Whiskeys
Assorted cans of beer
Tonic
Cola
Squash
Drinking water

Returning from Portugal did increase this quite a lot but now back to normal??

I take a box of John Smiths, bottle of Rioja, bottle of Jameson’s, a pack of still water and a pack of Coca Cola.

John.

Four cans of Guinness ( technically food not drink anyway)
Single Malt - Jura Journey at the minute ( medicinal ;) )
gin for better half and pack of small cans tonic
Tesco bottled water for drinking - usually four or five 2 litre bottles (17p each)
Two 2 litre bottles of tap water for tea and coffee
UHT milk for breakfast cereal.

K ;)

Tea, coffee and squash, bottled water for making said tea and coffee and squash, when we went to Liverpool Ron took a bottle of red wine bought for him for his birthday - he had one glass (I am using rest of it in cooking - he has not noticed yet)

Loads, even had in increase the GVW from 3,850kg to 4,100kg so i could get enough Carlsberg on board for the long weekends.

Tea and coffee water for squash and for drinking sometimes we take cans of lager

Scared to think about this one. I do know I always go home a few kilos lighter believe in covering all the bases I’ve been called a mobile off-licence in the past.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back