How much drink do you take?

I sometimes wonder if we are in the wrong "hobby"! I read posts like this and wonder how we survive without drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Looking of Facebook sites and places like this, it seems that motorhomers are bordering alcoholics. o_Oo_O

I think we did take a bottle of whiskey with us once, but that is because we were away on Fathers Day and it was in a box given to me by my daughter. We didn't have any glasses and had to eat two yogurts in glass jars so we could clean them and use them! So it is fair to say that we only take water, tea, coffee and buy orange juice and squash where ever we end up. Oh and milk for the journey along with 20 ltrs of drinking water. (old van and not keen to drink the water out of the tap!)

But it is a good job we are not all the same!

well I went wild over the weekend! Had a can of cloudy cider on Saturday, plus half a bottle of cider from the bar (only time I have ever bought a bottle of cider and they don't give you the whole bottle contents, just what fits in a small plastic glass!), plus I think a can of lager on Friday.
definately got a drink problem!

Generally, when we go away, we take tea ( M&S decaf bags and M&S leaf tea) and coffee ( proper ground coffee for use in a stove top espresso maker)
Bottle of dark rum ( currently Diplomatico or Havanna Club)
Gin ( currently Hendricks)
Whisky ( Ballantines and Jack Daniels.)
Red wine ( usually Rioja, Cotes du Rhône or Corbierre)
White wine
Beer ( Leffe or Grimbergen)
And 120 litres of water in the tank that we use for everything.
Plus, a couple of 5 litre bottles of water that we keep in the fridge just for drinking cold or for ice cubes.

We replace wine as we go, especially if there is a vineyard nearby with tasting.

Neither of us like pop.

We take bottled water, some tap water in bottles for making coffee and red bush tea and a few bottles of non alchoholic spritzer. Feels great in the morning!

I tend to drink a 1 ltr bottle of brandy every couple of days, the wife drinks a bottle of Baileys every 2 or 3 days and I also drink at least a can of Stella every day, so then comes the equation of how many days are we away for ?, but I ALWAYS carry at least 72 cans of Stella, 4 bottles of brandy, 4 bottles of Baileys, I also like German schnapps, so there is normally a couple of bottles of various schnapps, my favourite schnapps is “ Rattenkiller”

well I went wild over the weekend! Had a can of cloudy cider on Saturday, plus half a bottle of cider from the bar (only time I have ever bought a bottle of cider and they don't give you the whole bottle contents, just what fits in a small plastic glass!), plus I think a can of lager on Friday.
definately got a drink problem!
Sounds like? You have a "Cannot decide what to drink" problem.....maybe take one of each out and see how you cope!?

5 litres of fresh water
Coffee - including a made up flask for en route
Teabags
Gin and tonics - for Mrs GMJ
Mcewans Export - for me
Bottle of squash (lemon preferably) - for me in hot climes
Coke - 3 or 4 cans again, for hot climes

Graham
smile.gif

Talking all drinks ... Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, the lot.

I pack a lot of drinks because I don't really have a specific favourite and like to be able to pick what takes my fancy at the time, so in the drinks box this weekend is:

Spiced Rum
White Rum
White Wine
Cider
Lager
Coke-Cola
Dr Pepper
Orange Fanta
Sprite
San Pellegrino Lemon
San Pellegrino Orange
Rubicon Lemon-Lime
Rubicon Orange-Mango
Rubicon Strawberry-Kiwi
Still Water
Sparkling Water
and of course, multiple cans and bottles of each as well, as if one gets drunk, still want the option to have another one!

So after a weekend, around 90% of the drink is untouched and comes back and is effectively ballast. Does anyone else have this kind of bad drinks habit? (It wouldn't be so bad if I actually drunk more!)
Next meet we are at I must help you reduce you return home weight of the freight

beer
beer
beer
and more beer i am going to a festival and i have brewed two barrels that should keep me going from Friday to Saturday
bill

I tend to drink a 1 ltr bottle of brandy every couple of days, the wife drinks a bottle of Baileys every 2 or 3 days and I also drink at least a can of Stella every day, so then comes the equation of how many days are we away for ?, but I ALWAYS carry at least 72 cans of Stella, 4 bottles of brandy, 4 bottles of Baileys, I also like German schnapps, so there is normally a couple of bottles of various schnapps, my favourite schnapps is “ Rattenkiller”
I’m surprised you can walk, never mind drive.

Respect!!!!

Since the manufacturer took the time to provide me with a drinks cabinet I feel duty bound to utilise it fully !
Currently I have
Vodka (obviously)
Tia Maria - for when i fancy a black russian cocktail
Glayva - for when i fancy a change
Rum
Gin
Malt Whisky
bottle of cider - a prize
Lots of Pepsi
Other soft drinks of the non fizzy variety which all depends on what i fancy on that trip

Since the manufacturer took the time to provide me with a drinks cabinet I feel duty bound to utilise it fully !
Currently I have
Vodka (obviously)
Tia Maria - for when i fancy a black russian cocktail
Glayva - for when i fancy a change
Rum
Gin
Malt Whisky
bottle of cider - a prize
Lots of Pepsi
Other soft drinks of the non fizzy variety which all depends on what i fancy on that trip
Not a van it’s a mobile bar tam!

We take a bottle of red for each night and hubby takes 4 cans of Murphys.. Gin is always in board as well as the tonic..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back