How to make motorhomers unpopular

Aldi and Lidl don't design their car parks - it's left to the architects to do that ad get as many spaces as allowed by the local authority planning department. I know that as my colleague and I designed a new supermarket for Holt in North Norfolk. We were told what size bays acceptable by council. First it was a Morrison, then went to Waitrose but now appears to be an M&S but this could change. Only Waitrose asked if we could make car park bigger or reduce size of spaces so please don't blame the actual supermarket..... My T5 fits happily inot a normal space and being a smidge under 2m high can get under barriers and into multistory but....if bike rack is on multistory are out as back swings out further. We've had the trouble of folk parking too close particularly in Gretna Green Outlet but we have the side entry sliding door so easy but did 'P' off one Chelsea tractor who had parked to far over line; I parked in it and used sliding door to get out. When we came back irate driver asked why I parked so close as he'd been waiting 30 mins to leave - I suggested he learnt how to park in a space between lines; they're not centrelines lol. We now always park in overflow however busy it is as those bays are quite large.

Why didn't the op just post a photo of his combo with number plate and or even photos of drivers who committed this crime we could then look out for them and give them a good flogging.
go on go on name shame them
bill

I remember reading a similar thread some years ago. The poster asked a car driver why they had parked so close to his Motorhome. The reply was along the lines of “it makes my car easier to find in the car park”. There is a sort of logic in this but I always wondered what would happen if the Motorhome was first to depart!

Davy
That may have been me,
I wouldn't have been able to leave if I hadn't returned in time. I have deadlocks on the cab doors and use the hab door, especially when shopping, The space between the two vehicles made it impossible for me to fit in the gap, never mind trying to open the door,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back