How to test batteries

A good way to test a hearing aid battery is to drop it, good batteries don't bounce, dud ones bounce a few inches off a hard floor
take it out of the hearing aid first though :ROFLMAO:

As terry terry said put you’re hearing aid in make sure it’s tight then jump of a ten story building if you’re hearing aid still works then congratulations and welcome to the X men club. If you here nothing my condolences to you’re family ya silly old hunt?

Geeky time. Did anyone watching the video notice the batteries went in -ve end first?

When electricity was first discovered, someone (don't know who. Maybe Voltaire or Ampëre?) worked out that current flowed from one point to another and decied that it was from +VE to -VE. And every since then, people think of power going from the +VE terminal.
Unfortunately, on the 50:50 choice they guessed the wrong one :cool: Current actually goes -VE to +VE. This can be seen in the video by the battery running -VE at the head :)
Doesn't tend to matter generally, but it slightly confuses when you think too hard about stuff like need for fusing at the power source end but the fuse is at the return strictly speaking :D

Strange, but it was only the Duracell that went in negative first, the other 2 went in positive first, who can explain that one... :unsure:

Strange, but it was only the Duracell that went in negative first, the other 2 went in positive first, who can explain that one... :unsure:
you sure? I will watch again but I am sure they were all -ve first

you are right. I guess I was watching when half-asleep ;)
I wonder why they didn't go the other way? Suppose one of those things where current direction doesn't matter
.I have this vague recollection of Faradays Right Hand Rule about energising coils and rotations or something, but clearly 40 years have dulled my memory!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back