How's this for an awning?

GMJ

We spotted this when we stayed on a site near Tours on our way back home from Spain...

To be fair I don't think it was attached to the MH but it certainly was a statement
smile.gif

Graham
smile.gif

IMG_1832.JPG

Looks a bit cramped to me TBH :(

This was my setup when I had the T5 ....

Motordome Sleeper Attached; 4.5M x 3M Gazebo to the side (and sometimes a 3M x 3M Screenhouse next to it (need that to cover the hot tub in case it rains)
IMG_20160731_112453.jpg

The T4 campout was less ambitious ...

IMG_4097.JPG

Last edited:
I saw the same kind of thing on the Fiamma Stand at the NEC.
They had two options - one was a solid piece and waterproof; the other was more of a mesh and see through - acted more as a wind and sun blocker.

I have a large sheet of this stuff (Shade Cloth) that I carry with me and can clamp onto the rain guttering on the other side of the van - https://amzn.to/2YnPndM

Great Value.

71cBI4HW0jL._SL1001_.jpg

on my LT the 13.3Ft x 6ft side is ideal for end to end and top to bottom on the main body of the vehicle.

We carry three sets of poles to hold the outer corners and centre of the canopy up to let a breeze in. As they are sectional it can be held up to different heights combined with winding the main awning in a bit to allow for small pitches. You have got me thinking about putting sail reefs into the canopy to raise it a bit as well.:unsure:

Yes, we don't use it much, but when needed it does the job well, and it can be used when raining. Won't stop all the wet stuff, but will stop most
Makes it possible to eat outside in direct hot sun!
Thank you, would have come in very useful in France and Germany last summer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back