HYTRiC electric hotpot

Trotter

I saw this product on a YouTube video posted by one of Britain’s finest vanlife cooks. Gadget John.
He has recipes that include Mac n cheese, baked beans, soups and other haute cuisine items.
It draws 600w, and has two heating temperatures.

Tbh. This piece of kit works well in the van. I’ve cooked chicken, pork steaks, rice pudding. And the piece de resistance, I can heat water for washing dishes in it, which cleans the pot at the same time.

I saw this product on a YouTube video posted by one of Britain’s finest vanlife cooks. Gadget John.
He has recipes that include Mac n cheese, baked beans, soups and other haute cuisine items.

Tbh. This piece of kit works well in the van. I’ve cooked chicken, pork steaks, rice pudding. And the piece de resistance, I can heat water for washing dishes in it, which cleans the pot at the same time.
My cat says any chicken leftovers are for him. 😂

Mr T, can it make toast?

Mr T, can it make toast?
Oh! Weldmiester.
Do you mean, propose a toast? Then no, for that you’d need to employ a Toastmaster.
“My Lords, Ladies and Gentleman “ . Don’t you know nuffin?

Unless you mean, grilled bread. For that I have a pop up toaster. Or as we say in Northampton, Pop up Towcester.

Do you honestly think you can do toast in a saucepan? I reckon that’s even beyond the culinary skills of Gadget John.

Oh! Weldmiester.
Do you mean, propose a toast? Then no, for that you’d need to employ a Toastmaster.

Unless you mean, grilled bread. For that I have a pop up toaster. Or as we say in Northampton, Pop up Towcester.

Do you honestly think you can do toast in a saucepan? I reckon that’s even beyond the culinary skills of Gadget John.
Welder? Toast? Is that not what an Oxy torch is for?

Mr T, can it make toast?
Tried it today. Not especially successful. “Spose it’s more like baked, than toasted.
I’ve tried it for you, so you don’t have to. Now that’s what I call service 🖕

Oh! Weldmiester. Do you honestly think you can do toast in a saucepan? I reckon that’s even beyond the culinary skills of Gadget John.
Mr T, I don’t drive well in the kitchen, I can burn water 😂 toast in a sauce pan, walk in the park 😋🥧🔥

Tried it today. Not especially successful. “Spose it’s more like baked, than toasted.
I’ve tried it for you, so you don’t have to. Now that’s what I call service 🖕
Thank you for trying Mr T, did you have a celebration toast bite, how did it taste 👅

Not long back from Weldmiestering and keeping my tungsten sharp 😂

Oh! Weldmiester.

'My Lords, Ladies, and Gentlemen, pray be upstanding for the toast to those who have enjoyed a hearty dinner here, but who have gone home without it after a visit to the Bar ...' 👍

Steve

I'd also have a look at the "Instant Pot" type of cookers. Used to be very popular with US Van Lifers.
They will do the same kind of things as the Hitric hotpot but can also be used as a Pressure Cooker, which is a more efficient way of cooking food as I am sure you know.
I have one of these - https://amzn.to/3Itz9YW

Try a bit of Youtubing to check them out .... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=instant+pot+rv+cooking+
That’s a big lump. 4x the size of my Hawkins.

I too bought one. I find it very versatile. Use it quite a lot. It's better than I thought. Easy to clean too and obviously saves gas. I find the lower setting is best.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back