I am trying Walex toilet sachets

Admin

Administator

I am now trying Walex Porta-Pak / Lavender drop in toilet sachets. They are 35g per sachet and are made for RV holding tanks. Because the capacity of our European cassettes is much smaller it means that you get a good dose each time. I have now used them 3 times and each time I have been really impressed.

Depending on how many you buy you can get them down to below £1 per sachet.

tabs.jpg

Are they Septic-Tank safe?
Also - where are you buying them from?

Once i was in a hotel and required to use the loo,as it was out of service on my floor a removed the lamp shade glass bowl and used that before leaving for home.
Two weeks later i received a email saying i hoped you had a good and pleasant stay,however we know what you have left in the room but we cannot work out where.:mad:

Once i was in a hotel and required to use the loo,as it was out of service on my floor a removed the lamp shade glass bowl and used that before leaving for home.
Two weeks later i received a email saying i hoped you had a good and pleasant stay,however we know what you have left in the room but we cannot work out where.:mad:

So did you lose your deposit ?
Was the hotel a bit of a dump ?
Had they tried to paper over the cracks ?

Fabric Conditioner ?
Just a thought maybe a small amount of fabric conditioner (many scents available) alongside clothes washing liquid will keep the cassette clean and smelling OK. We manage very well with formil but will look to add Fabric conditioner from now.
PS We do not put paper in the cassette it goes into a "Doggy Poo Bag"

As I try to empty cassette at every possible opportunity, it can vary from daily to very occasionally a week and I would certainly find it very difficult to be putting a pound in a time. I struggle to use a 20p pay loo haha

Is it not £1 for a sachet of 10 err, sachets?

Kevin

I am now trying Walex Porta-Pak / Lavender drop in toilet sachets. They are 35g per sachet and are made for RV holding tanks. Because the capacity of our European cassettes is much smaller it means that you get a good dose each time. I have now used them 3 times and each time I have been really impressed.

Depending on how many you buy you can get them down to below £1 per sachet.

View attachment 41295
They remind me of the sachets we used on our coach toilets, when I drove holiday coaches to Spain and Italy. Massive holding tanks to cater for 74 passengers and crew. Can't remember what they were called, we used to chuck a few in, then step away quickly, otherwise your eye's started smarting!

1£ per 2 days use. What happened to spending a penny.
Perchlorate nappy/laundry soaker is most economical

Just ordered some from Amazon, we'll be interested to see if they smell any better than the Lidl bio tabs.

We’ve been using Wales Porta Paks for four or five years. I find I need to empty the loo every three or four days and they are fine for that time. I use Lidl bio washing liquid in the water waste tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back