I need a new sat nav ?

I couldn’t afford the Tom Tom camper although I did think it looked amazing . In the end I got a cheap Chinese sat nav from Amazon marketed for truck drivers . You can input the length ,height and width of the MH . It’s been good so far 👍🏻
Almost certainly a Nozatec/Xgody clone running iGo primo software. Rather dim screen, no internet connection for live traffic, but otherwise excellent.
You can get map updates for free from the Facebook Nozatec Truck Sat Nav UK group. The latest release is 2020 Quarter 2

My Tom Tom is dead RIP, I am looking for a new sat nav, have always had Tom Tom and loved them, but I read that Tom Tom lifetime maps are NOT life time any more so doubting Tom now, looked at Garmin on line, they look OK just want to get to my destination easily don't need all the fancy stuff that Sat Navs do now, Will spend about £150 max on a new one , would still like to have a Tom Tom any suggestions , I do not need height and width stuff on my new one so not interested in the Lorry / van sats either , my phone has several navigation apps on it but do not like using that as I think phones are for calls and texts , old school me DOOH! I want a 5 to 6 inch screen minimum.
I decided to plug in my old TomTom One XL (bought in 2007 to use in the USA with the extra map on SD Card). TomTom Home told me it was obsolete, but .... I was entitled to a new SatNav at a super discounted price! Wow, not bad. Although I think their special offer price of from £239.99 for a new one is a touch on the high side ;)

The screen became out of sync with the on screen keypad, the plug in for charging did not work and it could not find a GPS signal, it is many years old Via 35? now scrapped, I have a really old Tom Tom that still works well but gets lost in Spain France and Portugal as it cannot be updated and another old one that only has UK and ROI maps on it, I keep this one in our car as we only tour in our van ,I know what lifetime maps mean in Tom Tom speak, not what I and others expected when we bought our sat navs the reason Tom Tom give is that older models do not have the memory capacity for map updates as maps have now gone to 6.5 gig apparently.
i have a start 60 ive just updated in mint con .ive now got the proX so dont need it ill take 35quid for it if your intrested.PS its even got a 32gig card init.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back