I really have seen it all now

Hi all. I am going to give the driver a chance. He had broken down and the recovery vehicle took him to the car park. And the motorhome was unloaded there, at the time. The car park was busier and that was the only large enough spare space available. Who knows if there was a reason why it is parked like that, As said in other threads. Things are not always what they seem. Anyhow what business is it of ours how someone parks. Or what they do. Maybe we should stop trying to police motorhomers and let them and us. get on with their and our lives. Brian ps. I think people and the taking of pictures is getting silly. What happened to privacy. How would we feel if someone was on the pavement taking photos of our house etc.

how much time in man hours daily , do us first worlders spend complaining about other people's parking ? i try not to get wound up by people who straddle lines , park illegally in disabled bays , who leave plenty of room in front so they can get out easily, 3 foot from the kerb, or so far on the pavement you can't walk past - there's just too many vehicle owners !

Hi all. I am going to give the driver a chance.

And rightly so, the driver has not been given the chance to offer an explanation.
Showing the reg. plate has clearly identified the vehicle, I hope the owner sees
this thread steps forward and offers a valid excuse, lets face it, it could be his
stolen M/home and he'd like to thank the OP for finding it. Alternatively not
thank him for the slap in the face wae a big wet fish he'll probably get in the next
campsite he frequents!!

Thank Christ for the 12 man jury system!

Hi. I think google is slightly different to private individuals taking pictures. I believe there was another thread showing a motorhome in a pub car park straddling the bays. Someone took a photo and put it on the forum saying about all the bays he was using. The owner actually responded saying he had parked where the pub landlord had told him to park for the night. And he was also slightly annoyed about the photo and comments. Everyone has there own opinions of what is right wrong different. Who are we to say are way is the right way. Brian

Hi. I think google is slightly different to private individuals taking pictures. I believe there was another thread showing a motorhome in a pub car park straddling the bays. Someone took a photo and put it on the forum saying about all the bays he was using. The owner actually responded saying he had parked where the pub landlord had told him to park for the night. And he was also slightly annoyed about the photo and comments. Everyone has there own opinions of what is right wrong different. Who are we to say are way is the right way. Brian

A picture is a picture surely. You could argue streetview is worse, because the audience is vast.

That thread was mine, and it was not an attack on the driver, but a discussion about how people think they should park.

Edit: here's the thread. I don't see any annoying comments...

Set your minds free and stop obsessing over a few white lines,if it's a slow day in the carpark then take as many as you like. That looks like Canterbury P&R which is usually attended by staff,if they don't have a problem why should anyone else?

Seems to me that this motorhome is parked in an otherwise empty car park except for the white van, the fact it is on a path has no relevance as very obviously no-one would be using the path because there are no other vehicles to walk to or from, no one is being inconvenienced or is likely to be. I can see that a habitation blind is closed however the cab blind on the side we can see is not, There is no indication that the owner has been parked up overnight , in fact the open cab blind makes it appear likely he did not stay overnight and there is no information on how long the vehicle was parked for, it could simply be short break for a cuppa and to let the dog out for a wee, could it be that the habitation blind is closed keep the dog in the shade, no one knows.

Just my opinion of course but I do not think it helps anyone to publish photographs of perceived "crimes" without any further information or supporting evidence. We are not even told where this apparent offence took place.I have to say that had I been the owner of the offending motorhome I might have been tempted to enquire of the OP the reasons for his taking the photograph and given all the above might have advised him to mind his own business and suggested a suitable location where he could stick his camera.

Had the OP approached the owner of the motorhome and asked for an explanation I expect similar response would have been forthcoming. No offence intended of course.

Perhaps his battery was low and he needed the "solar" from the overhead light.
Better than running the engine or a genny

I reckon it's more likely he's a French gens du voyage you can just pick out a couple of wires he's connected
his van 230v supply to. The UK reg. (cloned) is easily explained, he's pre-empted a Bre*it result and wants to over
stay the 90 days.

It looks bad ... but not as bad as the 2 car drivers who ignored a red light and cut across me while I was pulling away from the lights (on green). :mad:

I was severely tempted to upload the Dashcam footage to Northumbria Police.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back