In trouble again!

Sean

The boss has just informed me in slightly strong terms (Christmas season always softens her) that I cannot put my 16' canoe inside our camper
Shall I fight my corner?
Or defer to, well.......?

Do you have a tow bar? If so I know where your better half would be going but mind put a good rope on her. 1. so your van doesn't get damaged. 2 she doesn't damage another car. 3. find out where she has hid your Xmas present before fitting her to the tow bar. 4. Hope the weather is good for canoeing. 5. Be nice to your wife and give her a cloth to clean the van when traveling. 6.best of luck

Semms like you are sunk.
Or up the creek without a paddle..Maybe the paddle is an Xmas present
Strange canoe if it has corners !
Maybe "float" another idea

Anyway a Wlals ice-cream for me..Arctic Roll or Should it Be Eskimo or even Inuit-roll

Do you have a tow bar? If so I know where your better half would be going but mind put a good rope on her. 1. so your van doesn't get damaged. 2 she doesn't damage another car. 3. find out where she has hid your Xmas present before fitting her to the tow bar. 4. Hope the weather is good for canoeing. 5. Be nice to your wife and give her a cloth to clean the van when traveling. 6.best of luck
Roller skates are okay up to 64kph. Or is that Hgv’s? It’s one or the other. Only one way to find out.
You didn’t get this from me! 😉

"when I were a lad"
We used to make carts from old pram wheels and discarded fruit delivery boxes (wooden)
The engine was usually a 2 person power rechargeble unit. The power unit could easily be swapped out !
Steering was by foot power as was braking !

Silvercross wheels and a length of scaffold board made a brilliant “trolley”. Bit of a bu@@er to push uphill, but coming down, wow.
Near where I lived was The Bishops Avenue, very posh, houses today sell for tens of millions, the road just before it , coming off Hampstead Heath, was Winnington Road. ( much cheaper houses here. I looked on zoopla, you can get one as cheap as 23 million) Provided a fairly gentle slope for a little over a mile. Speed attained ? Goodness only knows. This road exits onto the A1, quite busy even then, but using the uphill gradient 50 yards or so before the A1, you could slow down enough not to cause to much carnage. Obviously, parents were blissfully unaware what we were doing.
The traffic 60 odd years ago made a kids life fun. Today? You’d be run over by a Chelsea tractor and they wouldn’t even notice.
Happy daze 😬

Have you tried one? I got a £99 one to go on a yacht in 07 and it was surprisingly fun and stable! Reasonably big packed down though.
I always have a go in one when they turn up at canoe meets.

Could you come up with some kind of ingenious fixing for the roof? For the canoe, not for either of the wives 😱

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back