Indicator issues

Fergie1061

Hi everyone having an issue with front LHS indicator. It wasn't working so changed the bulb, no change. So checked wiring and the little connecter was all corroded so removed and put new bullet connectors on, however now the sidelight flashes and not the indicator despite the wires going to indicator !!! I know weird!!! then noticed sidelight did not work anyway so probably got a second issue there. Headlight and main beam ok but puzzled about indicator and side light issues any ideas please??

Iain

More info would be helpful but it seems to me that when you reconnected the wires after putting on new bullets you put the sidelight wire on the indicator and vice versa.

This could be an earth problem some vehicles side lights and indicators share an earth, or possible you’ve fitted the wrong type of indicator bulb and it’s somehow backfeeding thru the sidelight to earth

If you can wait til Moffat we will have a look over the weekend, I have multimeter etc with me

We lost our rear indicators. Van bounced back a few times to fiat ... eventually they identified is was an Adria issue. The wiring had been run under the van across a pinch point and been partially severed. Adria picked up the repair bill ?. So try following the cables!

I agree with a previous response... could well be a bad earth... somewhere! Good luck!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back