Insurance - MoHo over 3500kg

GMJ

Calling owners of all MoHo's over 3500kg and 8.5m in length...

I am trying to get a second quote to check my Comfort renewal however Safeguard were a country mile out with their price.

The key to this is the recovery as I believe a number of insurers don't cover larger motorhomes. We are 4t 'dry' and 5t fully loaded plus 8.7m long.

IF you own a larger Motorhome who do you insure with?

Thanks

Graham
smile.gif

Calling owners of all MoHo's over 3500kg and 8.5m in length...

I am trying to get a second quote to check my Comfort renewal however Safeguard were a country mile out with their price.

The key to this is the recovery as I believe a number of insurers don't cover larger motorhomes. We are 4t 'dry' and 5t fully loaded plus 8.7m long.

IF you own a larger Motorhome who do you insure with?

Thanks

Graham
smile.gif
Our motorhome is 5000kg and 8.2m, and we insure with AIB. I renewed the policy in May for £350 including breakdown cover (an extra £78.50).

Reactions: GMJ
Saga didn't charge me extra when I uprated the weight to over 3.5, they were also good when we hit a deer causing a few thousand pounds of damage, Maggy insured her car with them after and they were the cheapest quote on compare sites, they didn't increase the price because of the claim and put it down to collision with a wild animal, I expected to be paying a lot more

Our motorhome is 5000kg and 8.2m, and we insure with AIB. I renewed the policy in May for £350 including breakdown cover (an extra £78.50).

Thanks

I just tried them and they were miles out on my renewal from Comfort unfortunately

Graham
smile.gif

I use breakdown cover 'free' with Nationwide current account - any size/weight.

C&CC with RAC gives you Arrivals. No limits as far as I can see, oh and if you go down that route pm me, I could get recommend a friend?

Try AIB for insurance and breakdown, just renewed all in, fully loaded very happy with price and you get club discount.
I also found safeguard very expensive

Safeguard renewal jumped this year to £555 from £324 so tried AIB, Comfort (£505) and eventually Lifesure with all I had with Safeguard for £393.
Windscreen excess with safeguard £150 - Lifesure £60. Premium includes EU breakdown as well.
Apart from a minor incident October last year at Tesco filling station with a X-Trail wing mirror versus my locker door, claim free for 16 years. My locker door won by the way.
Cheers,
Alan

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back