Insurance

dane

Hi,

Think this might be my first time posting here, although my posts over on WildCamping have been infrequent too I suppose. Hopefully someone can offer advice.

We spent the last several years getting an old 4wd Toyota HiAce ready to drive to various exotic places around the world. We've got to the point where we are ready to go, quit our jobs, sold the house and most of the rest of our stuff, although we plan to buy a small flat after we've spent a few months looking around the UK for somewhere we'd like to have a base for a while, but will effectively be homeless.

Cannot find anyone to insure us while in the UK and Europe. Didn't think this would be an issue given the number of people doing the same.

Any suggestions?

I've spoken with:
- Flux - apparently don't do full time cover.
- Comfort - only cover coachbuilt
- Saga - no full time cover
- Safeguard - no full time cover.

About to be homeless, unemployed and with an uninsured van, so any suggestions on how to solve this gratefully received.

Thanks
dan & Rosana

mog.jpg

Basically you need a uk address that is not just mail forwarding.
You are entitled to use an address that you have a genuine link to and register with the council as a traveller on the electoral roll.
Some insurers insist on this.
Good luck !
Of you want more info then a conversation please.

Basically you need a uk address that is not just mail forwarding.
You are entitled to use an address that you have a genuine link to and register with the council as a traveller on the electoral roll.
Some insurers insist on this.
Good luck !
Of you want more info then a conversation please.
thanks. after a bit of rethink we'll be staying with relies and expediting the purchase of a flat. service charges will probably be cheaper than storage anyway :D

Thanks all.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back