International Campervan Show 18th - 19th September 2021. Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the New Companions have booked the whole site, a regular booking made a year or two in advance. The understanding is show attendees will be channeled through the site to the central area.
I spoke to the Warden and the show attendees are camping on the actual racecourse as opposed to the Racecourse campsite. (I have never been to this place before so had no idea of the layout).

Which campsite? stratford race course one? I might be going there tonight if I don't find a Brit-stops to stop over at

I'd spend the night at Stratford leisure centre, if there's space as I suspect a few night have the same idea!

Yesterday the campsite wardens were telling casual callers that the campsite is full and sending them away. I believe show campers will be directed to the centre of the racecourse or perhaps to one of the overflow fields. Having talked to some of the show organisers it seems they were not expecting to find another meet booked onto the campsite and I know the New Companions were only told about the show booking recently, having booked the campsite over a year ago. Frankly I think the racecourse owners (not the wardens or event organisers) are either guilty of being greedy or inept taking bookings from two organisations for an area with only limited facilities and poor access.

Yesterday the campsite wardens were telling casual callers that the campsite is full and sending them away. I believe show campers will be directed to the centre of the racecourse or perhaps to one of the overflow fields. Having talked to some of the show organisers it seems they were not expecting to find another meet booked onto the campsite and I know the New Companions were only told about the show booking recently, having booked the campsite over a year ago. Frankly I think the racecourse owners (not the wardens or event organisers) are either guilty of being greedy or inept taking bookings from two organisations for an area with only limited facilities and poor access.
When I was speaking to the Camping Site Warden (a very friendly and helpful person, I will add), she advised me that people going to the Overland show need to speak to a guy called Mick, who is the 'controller' (for want of a better word) of the Racecourse side of the property and that side is run totally seperately from the official campsite.

This might help anyone who is turning up for the show?

Arrived now :)

The unofficial Motorhomer Group - which right now comprises Bouydog and myself (unless there are some other Motorhomer folk here but elsewhere at the course?) - is located using what3words at the area including wiring.boxer.wonderfully if that is any help

Arrived now :)

The unofficial Motorhomer Group - which right now comprises Bouydog and myself (unless there are some other Motorhomer folk here but elsewhere at the course?) - is located using what3words at the area including wiring.boxer.wonderfully if that is any help
Glad you found that reprobate. So Dave, meet Dave. Oh! And Dave should be with you by now. Now I fully understand why we have forum names.

Glad you found that reprobate. So Dave, meet Dave. Oh! And Dave should be with you by now. Now I fully understand why we have forum names.
It has been shown scientifically you are never more than 10 metres from a Dave.

PS. the W3W code I gave is now wrong as we were told to move (apparently too far from a dave?)

If you give your latest W3W position I might find time to wander over and introduce myself tomorrow. I am currently on the campsite with the New Companions. I am not called Dave but was born on St Davids day so hoping I might be allowed to visit the Daves convention.

If you give your latest W3W position I might find time to wander over and introduce myself tomorrow. I am currently on the campsite with the New Companions. I am not called Dave but was born on St Davids day so hoping I might be allowed to visit the Daves convention.
I think I am now at ///adopt.nests.gift

It has been shown scientifically you are never more than 10 metres from a Dave.
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Unless of course you know of a rodent called Dave.
I can remember one called Roland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back