Internet and spanish gas connector

You can use all the vodaphone data to tether and get 4 g signal. Worked very well for us a few weeks ago. Expensive but saved a lot of money in cafes etc

Thanks that very reasuring, will pick one up in the beginning of January before we set off.

Correcting. We used to watch uk tv on iPad. We also paid £3.99 a month for ITV HUB not ESSENTIALS as which cuts out the adverts on itv and saves data. We also found that we didn’t need a VPN to watch BBC - don’t know how that worked - maybe because it’s registered in UK.

Last edited:
We used to watch uk tv on iPad. We also paid £3.99 a month for ITV Essentials which cuts out the adverts on itv and saves data. We also found that we didn’t need a VPN to watch BBC - don’t know how that worked - maybe because it’s registered in UK.

Cheers didn't know about itv essential, will look into that, we have a VPN on our tablet as we needed it to watch TV abroad when we are on Spanish WiFi.

I’m just correcting myself - I think it’s ITV HUB not ESSENTIALS - senior moment. Not sure but could be on iPad only

We are in Spain and make do with site wifi, some better than others !! We use the 15 gb allowed on EE (uses Orange in Spain) via mifi box when site wifi not working. Have looked at Simyo sim (uses Orange) ... not bad prices for topping up when the pre-loaded gb runs out.....but have resisted so far LOL !! The annoying thing for us is this "stable links" malarkey where EE (and others) say they might cut you off if, out of any 4 month period you're not using 2 months in the Uk !! We will see....... Maja

We are in Spain and make do with site wifi, some better than others !! We use the 15 gb allowed on EE (uses Orange in Spain) via mifi box when site wifi not working. Have looked at Simyo sim (uses Orange) ... not bad prices for topping up when the pre-loaded gb runs out.....but have resisted so far LOL !! The annoying thing for us is this "stable links" malarkey where EE (and others) say they might cut you off if, out of any 4 month period you're not using 2 months in the Uk !! We will see....... Maja

Thanks for the reply. Have you found the site WiFi fast enough to run a firestick to watch TV or does it buffer a lot, I'm not bothered to much about tv, but she is must be heard likes hers TV soaps.

Yeah...can be jumpy sometimes at peak times...depends on whether the telephone source to site is fibre optic or not...the roll out is a bit slow out here !! We use firestick too...not needed vpn so far....Maja (Fleetwood)

Good luck, I hope you keep under EEs radar in that case, seems a ridiculous policy.

Yeah...can be jumpy sometimes at peak times...depends on whether the telephone source to site is fibre optic or not...the roll out is a bit slow out here !! We use firestick too...not needed vpn so far....Maja (Fleetwood)

Have you by any chance tried a WiFi aerial booster to make the WiFi signal stronger, just wondering big that could be an option.

3 must have changed sometime between May when in France it wouldn’t tether, and late July when I discovered it now did. Just after I bought a 12gb sim for the iPad. Now I can use my unlimited allowance off the iPhone.

Despite it being a 4g sim I only ever got 3G n France.

3 must have changed sometime between May when in France it wouldn’t tether, and late July when I discovered it now did. Just after I bought a 12gb sim for the iPad. Now I can use my unlimited allowance off the iPhone.

Despite it being a 4g sim I only ever got 3G n France.

Don't know as I have never tried it in France but I have used it in Spain for the last few years tethering and also the USA for at least three years with no problems, as well as Italy and Greece I would have thought France would have been allowed as it is part of the EU. I once did have a problem in Spain and went on live chat with three and they advised me to change the default setting to a different Spanish roaming partner and that sorted it out.

Have you by any chance tried a WiFi aerial booster to make the WiFi signal stronger, just wondering big that could be an option.
Hi Mobil...yes, we have a wifi booster aerial. It does not "boost" an already existing signal...despite the rubbish you might hear/read elsewhere !! What it does is enable you to receive wifi from further away....depends on "line of sight". If just using laptop in van you may see so many available networks....when booster plugged in and aerial bit wedged behind awning housing there are many more networks to choose from. When in blighty I often use it when at bottom of pub car park to use their wifi (after buying a pint to get login obviously ?) Now, also...in Spain, sometimes the wifi is only available for free near reception or the site bar....have used booster to pinch that too !!! Maja

Actually....need to clarify a bit of the above.....a wifi booster WILL make the same wifi SOURCE seem stronger .... what I meant was the upload/download speed won't be any different no matter strong your connection to it is !! As said, the booster enables connection to wifi further away than without it......(before the buffs slay me LOL !!! )

Actually....need to clarify a bit of the above.....a wifi booster WILL make the same wifi SOURCE seem stronger .... what I meant was the upload/download speed won't be any different no matter strong your connection to it is !! As said, the booster enables connection to wifi further away than without it......(before the buffs slay me LOL !!! )
Maja which WiFi booster and router did you end up getting, was it the motorhome WiFi setup?

Last edited:
Hi Nabs....nah...cheap jobbie off eBay or Amazon.....can't remember which but do remember it was £15 and works well. There's a bit of a scrap with "network adapters" not liking each other for a while but the laptop seems to switch between the two no problem now....Maja

My EE is fine and is a Orange 4g in Spain. Because I was on a sharer plan it caused problems I have that worked out now. I use my phones data and a separate WiFi box both from EE. I can only watch TV from my phones signal but the WiFi box allows me to download. Downloading uses less data than watching. This is their policy on travel

You can use up to 15GB of your data allowance abroad in the EU - click ee.co.uk/fairuse for more info.

Our stable links policy will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if, during any four month period, you spend a total of two months or more within the UK or mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you are roaming. ee.co.uk/fair use

I haven’t tested more than two months yet or going over the 15gb per month.

The stable links policy is new this trip out I haven’t seen that before.

Ron has Three on his phone and often my signal is the better and the WiFi unit works when all else fails in remote spots.

My VPN is another issue Starbucks and McDonald’s boot you out if you try to download so going to try an independent WiFi with my xpat VPN ;)

The things we do to watch British TV, thinking of giving up and using Netflix and Prime whilst abroad and read more ;)

Like Jenny I use our iPad Pro for TV watching it’s great on the MH battery as well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back