Internet Solutions for your Motorhome

Admin

Administator

The team over at Solwise have made a superb video on Internet Solutions for your Motorhome.

For those who don't know, we have a 10% discount code for any purchases from Solwise on our discounts page.

I got my new Internet setup from them, and it is the best I have ever used! I will be releasing a video about it soon and if you want to see the kit I am using you can click on the link below.

Solwise also has a dedicated Mobile Internet page:

Anyway, grab a cup of tea and educate yourself by watching this video.

Don't forget to drop a comment and like the video as Solwise does support our members.

can you have a direct wire link to these units, im thinking of a switch away from talktalk to a mobile unit in the van which can be brought into the home, but to boot a new linux distro to a pc a wire connection is required for first time loading, wireless ok after that is ok.
And how much is the gear.

Reactions: RAW
can you have a direct wire link to these units, im thinking of a switch away from talktalk to a mobile unit in the van which can be brought into the home, but to boot a new linux distro to a pc a wire connection is required for first time loading, wireless ok after that is ok.
Have you got a PC built into the Van that you cannot remove then ? Could you not stretch an ethernet cable from whatever is in the Van into your home temporarily ? 100m is max length before signal boost needed on Cat4 cabling from memory

Could you boot from a USB or Cd/DVD ?
Then you could burn onto either and install like that.

Reactions: RAW
My Teltonika router has Cat5 ports Trev and so does my 5g sim home router

Could you boot from a USB or Cd/DVD ?
Then you could burn onto either and install like that.
Thats how its done but you must have a wire internet connection as it picks up updates and restricked extras on the net, my home is ok for now but talktalk is going full fibre and i dont want holes drilled or white plastic boxes on my new plastered and finished walls, all my ne sockets are shiney brass, old wire cable comes in at gable to loft and runs down a cupboard in the kitchen to under the floor all the way down the hall to midle computor room, they just want to drill a dirty big hole in my outside new walls, no mission, hence moble in the van and able to pick up fifi inside hose from it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back