internet with legs

The Vodafone offshoot, VOIX, are currently offering a 20gb sim only deal for £15 per month, unlimited texts and calls, allowances usable in Europe and tethering allowed. I’ve decided not to replace my expired 3 data sim in the iPad, and switch to VOIX and just tether the iPad when I need it.

in my village 3 and vodaphone have the strongest signal but that’s only 2or3 bar of 3G i have just purchased a huawei cube mobile router & hope to take that away with me at the present with the same 3 sim that is showing 4 bar of 4G well impressed got to get the power to a 12 volt option and i’ll give it a go

in my village 3 and vodaphone have the strongest signal but that’s only 2or3 bar of 3G i have just purchased a huawei cube mobile router & hope to take that away with me at the present with the same 3 sim that is showing 4 bar of 4G well impressed got to get the power to a 12 volt option and i’ll give it a go
Get the bits I posted earlier Ken and wire it to leisure battery’s. I have just put latest update on my Surface Pro and updated everything on my sat nav sat in the van over mine.

Not even bothered with looking fir an antenna to suit yet it’s been fine everywhere apart from odd spots in Kielder Forrest.

71378720-CA93-443C-9A64-8DA0E8E016B3.jpeg

this should be here today looks the right connection just cut of plug & wire in i hope??

Attachments

• 26F3BBA3-F371-4367-B2F3-FDCCD2F4D9C5.jpeg
    26F3BBA3-F371-4367-B2F3-FDCCD2F4D9C5.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 6
  • AF5276DF-4DF9-44D5-A616-16075930564A.jpeg
    AF5276DF-4DF9-44D5-A616-16075930564A.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 8
I have to say, I never got 4g on my Vodafone sim. When I went into settings it was not offered? Why would that be? ....my phone is a cubot R9?
If your phone is 4G capable, then the only thing I can think of is if it's an old sim that you've been using for years. The 'firmware' on sims isn't (or certainly wasn't) updatable on the fly, so its technology can stuck back when the sim was made. I remember having to request a new sim a few times with my old company, to keep up with developments. This may not be the case with modern sims... I switched supplier fairly recently, so got a new sim by default.

If your phone is 4G capable, then the only thing I can think of is if it's an old sim that you've been using for years. The 'firmware' on sims isn't (or certainly wasn't) updatable on the fly, so its technology can stuck back when the sim was made. I remember having to request a new sim a few times with my old company, to keep up with developments. This may not be the case with modern sims... I switched supplier fairly recently, so got a new sim by default.
When I recently upgraded my contract with Virgin Mobile they had to send me a new sim because the old one would not work with some of the new features even though it was a 4G sim, the new sim was noticably quicker

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back