Invasion of the motorhomes

We are travelling south through Spain and it has basically rained all week. We are now near Jaen having come from Aranjuez. I am hoping that we'll outrun it soon as we head for Gib.

Whisper it quietly but NO RAIN for us in Spain now after over a week of it when travelling through. We are now 80km north of Malaga and we finally have some sunshine. The door is open on the MH and the our floor mats; shoes; towels; and garage rags are all outside drying!

Yesterday's rain from Vilafranca southwards to Tortosa and beyond has gone. Bright sunshine to put a bit of charge back in the Leisure Battery, but quite an edge to the wind ...

Neighbour who's keeping an eye on our Flat texted from Fife, 'freezing temperature but checked that your taps are ok and the toilet is flushing ok ...', so I'll take the sunshine and an edge to the wind all day long (y)

Steve

We are travelling south through Spain and it has basically rained all week. We are now near Jaen having come from Aranjuez. I am hoping that we'll outrun it soon as we head for Gib.
I hope you're right. We should be in gib/ la Linea by wednesday. They have a knock off clothes market there every wed if theres no rain

we left yvetot this morning 4inches of snow and minus 4degree crossed on the pont de brontonne to avoid rouen got on the A28 put cruise control on and 2 hrs later we were 100mls south at alencon still a light dusting & minus 3 finally got to zero at le mans now just below ruffec on the N10 and it’s plus 4 degrees , 5.5hrs 300 mls £80 tolls & £120 of diesel but broke the back of the trip i think just comfortable 3hr plus days to come

Yesterday's rain from Vilafranca southwards to Tortosa and beyond has gone. Bright sunshine to put a bit of charge back in the Leisure Battery, but quite an edge to the wind ...

Neighbour who's keeping an eye on our Flat texted from Fife, 'freezing temperature but checked that your taps are ok and the toilet is flushing ok ...', so I'll take the sunshine and an edge to the wind all day long (y)

Steve
You should have set heating stat at 5c when away.

You should have set heating stat at 5c when away.
Our system has a frost stat setting of 7 degrees and the pump operates every day to keep the water circulating. But I discovered that a long lockdown at 7 degrees allows a form of black mould to form in the toilet bowl, so I set the frost stat to 10 degrees to avoid this problem

Steve

Been gorgeous blue sky and sunny all day in Salamanca, but still chilly, -3 when I got up this morning, lovely peaceful aire, a bit out of the way but the owner ran 6 of us into Salamanca this morning and picked us up in the late afternoon, great guy, he even gave each couple a bottle of red wine from his vineyard. We're hoping to stay at Caceres tomorrow if there is room at the site, then Seville the day after, before staying a week at a camper park playa de Luz in Huelve for a well earned rest. Then we will go to Cadiz and then Gibraltar, the weather is looking great all next week. Yeah, fed up off the rain and cold weather so far on this trip

Our system has a frost stat setting of 7 degrees and the pump operates every day to keep the water circulating. But I discovered that a long lockdown at 7 degrees allows a form of black mould to form in the toilet bowl, so I set the frost stat to 10 degrees to avoid this problem

Steve
Good idea is qtr fill all heating sys with antifreeze, think there is a chem/vinigar for putting in the loo to stop black mould.
House temps must be above 15c to stop condensation and mould.mould.jpg

I hope you're right. We should be in gib/ la Linea by wednesday. They have a knock off clothes market there every wed if theres no rain

We are staying around 80Km north of Malaga overnight and yesterday was sunshine all day plus I don't think it rained overnight either. Warm in the sun but cool at night as usual. We managed to get our stuff dried out when we got here which was a right result.

We are off to Gib today.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back