Inverter help

PS if you are running a mains fridge on a modified sine wave inverter you are almost certainly wasting power compared to using a pure sine wave inverter.

best way to explain the difference is modified sine wave inverters are typically ok with resistive loads, lights, kettles etc but best avoided for sensitive electronics and inductive loads i.e. anything with a motor, fridge, microwave hairdryer etc.

This difference in performance probably varies between makes, no doubt some modified sine wave inverters are better than others but here I tested a branded Sterling power model and it was noticeably inefficient with my fridge so it got dumped in favour of the Cotek.

PS if you are running a mains fridge on a modified sine wave inverter you are almost certainly wasting power compared to using a pure sine wave inverter.

best way to explain the difference is modified sine wave inverters are typically ok with resistive loads, lights, kettles etc but best avoided for sensitive electronics and inductive loads i.e. anything with a motor, fridge, microwave hairdryer etc.

This difference in performance probably varies between makes, no doubt some modified sine wave inverters are better than others but here I tested a branded Sterling power model and it was noticeably inefficient with my fridge so it got dumped in favour of the Cotek.

Thanks for this. Going to track down someone that knows more than me to check out. 🤔

Thanks for this. Going to track down someone that knows more than me to check out. 🤔
Your welcome, I am not doing any electrical work on people’s vans this year after taking on too many of them last, but if you happen to be around North Shropshire I could check it over for you.

Your welcome, I am not doing any electrical work on people’s vans this year after taking on too many of them last, but if you happen to be around North Shropshire I could check it over for you.
Thanks for the offer but I'm just south of Glasgow and no plans to head south in the near future. Maybe give you a shout next time I'm down that way. 😁

I run a small fridge at 1/4 amp of two 90ah batts and a 600 w smart soft start inverter, it goes to sleep until required by the fridge, its not a pure s wave, you also require at least 200w of solar to keep batts up, are you using a poor pwm regulator or a mppt type which is miles better.inv a.jpgfridge a.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good Inverter. Bought a 2000w EDECOA a year ago and was fine when I got it but now spends most of its life beeping at me. No change to my set up, LED lights, USB sockets and 240 volt fridge. Checked batteries ok, checked Solar input ok. At my wits end.
I had the same inverter and the same thing was happening turned out to be the inverter at fault after 2 replacement's under warranty now got a more expensive one from falcon no problems since

Can anyone recommend a good Inverter. Bought a 2000w EDECOA a year ago and was fine when I got it but now spends most of its life beeping at me. No change to my set up, LED lights, USB sockets and 240 volt fridge. Checked batteries ok, checked Solar input ok. At my wits end.

I've read the other comments and your replies to them.

I think you need a suppressor capacitor (or maybe a stronger snubber) fitting to the socket your fridge plugs into if the inverter beeping is associated with the fridge starting and stopping.

Not something for an untrained person to do and if you pay someone who is just a basic sparky to solve they often do not understand back EMF and will just recommend fitting larger inverters and batteries which are unnecessary.

Not an easy thing to get fixed with 100% reliability, which you need with a fridge, if you can't find a real qualified old school electrician.

I'm nowhere near you so can't help but wish you very good luck.

I've read the other comments and your replies to them.

I think you need a suppressor capacitor (or maybe a stronger snubber) fitting to the socket your fridge plugs into if the inverter beeping is associated with the fridge starting and stopping.

Not something for an untrained person to do and if you pay someone who is just a basic sparky to solve they often do not understand back EMF and will just recommend fitting larger inverters and batteries which are unnecessary.

Not an easy thing to get fixed with 100% reliability, which you need with a fridge, if you can't find a real qualified old school electrician.

I'm nowhere near you so can't help but wish you very good luck.
Thanks for this, I have no idea what it means, way above my level of expertise.😂😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back