Ireland Aire

MOJO

Free Member

Found our first dedicated motorhome Aire in the Wicklow mountains of Ireland. Young couples farm charging 10 euro night.Could do with more like this.
Location information -
Derrybawn Farm
Close to Laragh & Glendalough about 25 miles south of Dublin.Google maps Lat 52.992097 Long -6.322596 .IMG_20190609_113048.jpgIMG_20190609_113003.jpg

Wicklow mtns are very nice,only been there once but think it is a must do with the kids.

I wasn't impressed by Buncrana as it was very small and next to a busy road behind the tourist office, so we moved a couple of miles further south to Fahan and dropped down to a marina which had loads, acres of space and had a quiet night there.

Cobh was crowded so we gave that a miss too.

There was a good one in the carpark of a leisure centre at Askeaton near Limerick...

K ;)

Last edited:
We plan to visit Belfast and the Titanic Museum.Cobh has been suggested,if it's a busy Aire we will best arrive about 11 am.Give others time to leave ?

Oops just realised that refers to the Cobh Titanic museum.We used the Cathedral car park on that occasion.

Planning on a 6-week tour of Ireland and NI in September, so will make a note of these stopovers. Thank you, MOJO. ?

CARRICK-ON-SHANNON was last night's stopover.We used the large Lidl car park on our arrival for the afternoon visit.Only a ten minute walk in to town.After 6.30 pm the town centre car parks are free till 8.30 am therefore using two spaces not a issue.We used the car park next to the bridge and Marina.Right in the centre meant a few minutes to our restaurant choice and music bars.A peacefull night despite its location.IMG_20190614_072453.jpgIMG_20190614_072518.jpg

We continue to use canal car parking.IMG_20190615_170022.jpgIMG_20190615_165629.jpgSeems many Irish motorhome owners like to use them especially at weekends.Public toilets and water for boat use handy for the van also.
Last night Acre Lake near Drumshambo and tonight Ballyconnell.Some owners have explained they always follow pleasure craft routes for the many overnight opportunities.We certainly appreciate the well maintained,flat cycle routes alongside the waterways.

Lots of similar stopovers round both upper and lower Lough Erne. You should be able to pick up a map showing navigation with associated jetty and marinas where you can overnight from tourist offices. Lots of wild spots too. New Aire open or about to open in Belturbet and the motorhomeparking Ireland app is useful for the whole island, as is the free and friendly forum motorhomecraic were advice can be sought.

Davy

Lots of similar stopovers round both upper and lower Lough Erne. You should be able to pick up a map showing navigation with associated jetty and marinas where you can overnight from tourist offices. Lots of wild spots too. New Aire open or about to open in Belturbet and the motorhomeparking Ireland app is useful for the whole island, as is the free and friendly forum motorhomecraic were advice can be sought.

Davy
We only have one more week of our seven week tour but that's good info for others.

Problem is, this year there's only four weeks in September

K :) :getmecoat:
I'll resist any 'Irish' jokes and just say that I meant, We are STARTING a 6 week tour of Ireland in September. ?

I know, I just could not resist, sorry. It's a great place to visit, easy to wild camp, the people are brilliant and you will surely have a great time.
Enjoy
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back