Is 5p for bags working?

This is something that I think is a good idea and to date the only people doing it I have experienced is the Caravan and Camping Club ....

Their magazine is delivered in a clear bio-degradable bag that is designed to go into a bin as a liner for food waste. It would be good if more organisations thought of onward-use for their packaging.

ref your veg - then all the fruit and veg would have to be emptied out on the conveyeur belt at the checkout to be weighed and/or counted and then put back in the back. Or all emptied out and rolling around at the self-checkout. There would be a long line of scowling customers behind you I bet! plus I'd prefer my veg to be handled by lesser people as can be TBH.
My Local greengrocer has whicker baskets that you just put you goods in all together and they pick it out to count/weigh it and then goes into bag you brought - that would be the greenest option I guess
This is exactly what I do on the odd time I buy my veg. from the supermarket and not the greengrocer( who supplies good brown paper bags).Never had a problem with scowling customers yet.The loose veg are then put in tupperware boxes before they go in the fridge.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back