Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 12:00 PM
Until: Monday, September 28, 2020 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Update
I will be coming Thursday early, what time can I access site pls ? I will be leaving Saturday early so just the Two nights for me please and easy route out so I don't disturb anyone on Sat morning.
Peace 👌
Robert

Update
I will be coming Thursday early, what time can I access site pls ? I will be leaving Saturday early so just the Two nights for me please and easy route out so I don't disturb anyone on Sat morning.
Peace 👌
Robert
You can arrive as early as you like, We will be there from Wednesday. 👍

• Thank You
Reactions: RAW
Hi Jeff if there’s still room we would like to join in. Arriving Thursday for 4 nights. It’ll be our first Motorhome meet 😬!
Alan & Valentine

Hi Jeff
government directive now in Wales is 'no unnessesary travel'. both the missus and i are key workers in Wales so will not now be joining you on Thursday.

Good luck

John

Hi Jeff, we are booked on from Thursday to Monday but now will not be able to make Thursday. Will keep you posted if life gets in the way of the rest of the trip.

JUST TO CLARIFY, CAMPSITES IN WALES HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD TO CLOSE, BUT TO TRAVEL TO THE CAMPSITE YOU MUST BE PRE BOOKED, IF YOU ARE THINKING OF JUST TURNING UP WITHOUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST IN THIS FIRST POST, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY, ALSO THE USUAL GOVERNMENT RULES APPLY WHEN ON SITE

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL EVENT AND IS NOT COVERED ON OUR INSURANCE SO THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL £2 PER NIGHT FEE.
WE ARE ALL JUST BOOKING ON THE SAME CAMPSITE AT THE SAME TIME.
THE CAMPSITE OWNERS ARE IN CHARGE AND THERE WILL BE NO STEWARDS ON DUTY.
PLEASE PAY THE CAMPSITE ON ARRIVAL

This Campsie is very remote and a ideal safe getaway from all the hustle and bustle, don't forget to bring all your supplies for the duration of your stay if you don't intend to move or walk

Trewan Sands Caravan Park just outside Rhosneigr town, about 25 min walk away. This site is very quiet overlooking Rhosneigr bay and spectacular views of Snowdonia mountains, there is a railway line run at the back of the site but the noise is minimal (from Geeky Philip: it is also next to an RAF base so plane noise on weekdays ( not weekends ) , Ideal for you plane spotting Geeks). The price is £10 per unit per night this gives you access to the fresh water , elsan point and rubbish disposal

The site is also dog friendly ( Dogs must be kept under control at all times and ALL poop must be cleaned up) It is probably most dog friendly site in Wales.

Campsite Address

Trewan Sands Caravan Park
Trewan Sands Crossing
Bryngwran
Isle of Anglesey
LL65 3SW

Coord: 53.247738, -4.520924

Follow these directions NOT your sat nav , otherwise you WILL get stuck on narrow winding lanes
  • A55 junction 5 Rhosneigr, turn right at the top of the slip road ( if your sat nav tries to turn you left IGNORE it as you will end up going down a very narrow and winding lane)
  • Go across the next roundabout
  • Turn left at the next junction that will bring you into Bryngwran
  • Go past the pub on your left hand side then take next left at the cream coloured house , it looks like a small street road, but drive past the houses then down under the bridge
  • Travel along the road past the petrol station then take next right at the large detached white house,( About 1/2 mile down the road after the petrol station . The lane has a dead end road sign at the entrance , but this is the rite road to go down
  • Go down the lane, it turns into a single track but don't worry as it is only for a short distance
  • Keep right at the bottom it is signposted Trewan Sands Caravan Park
  • Go over a small bridge then over a cattle grid onto a gravel road
  • Go past the two campsites on the left and keep right down the gravel track through the golf course and the site is at the end of the track ( A big white building )
Toilets and showers will not be open for our own safety so all units need to be self contained .

When you arrive you will be allocated your grass pitch and this will be your area for the duration of the camp

Any questions please ask

How To Book

Please reply to this thread stating:
  1. How many nights you would like to attend (£10 per vehicle per night)
  2. What day you will be arriving on

How To Pay

Please put the exact payment in a sealed envelope then write your username, vehicle registration number and the payment amount on the envelope. This will be collected by Carl the Campsite owner on arrival so please have it ready.

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON THIS THREAD ONLY

Also if anyone would like to stay longer than our camp , have a word with Fiona or Carl when you arrive and they will do you a good rate for your duration
Sorry cant make this one due to putting my back out! Really sorry.

I take it this is still going ahead despite the recent covid restrictions? I guess that potentially we will not be able to sit in each other's vans unless we are part of a bubble and we will not be able to dance around a fire in a group of 6 or more ?
Pls confirm

Yes this is still on, campsites are still open but we have to abide by the government guidelines on site
Ah well i have a few good friends there so we will link up. As we have before. Hoping the old Merc makes it as not been run for some months...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back