JP Heaters

Has anyone any information on the below equipment, please?

It is a rip-off of the Truma Combi.
Example here with some info - https://magnummotorhomes.co.uk/shop/heating/blow-air-heaters/truma-combi-4e-combination-boiler/

Expect the "JP Parking Heater" to have the same nominal features but not work as well.
Pays your money and takes ......

£651.75 plus shipping to UK £288.35 then add import duty approx £188.00 then add UK VAT approx £285 makes it £1354 so not cheap.

£651.75 plus shipping to UK £288.35 then add import duty approx £188.00 then add UK VAT approx £285 makes it £1354 so not cheap.
You have put an input duty on Cost+Shipping, and then applied a VAT to (COST+SHIPPING+INPUT DUTY) to get £1354?

The duty and VAT would be paid on the product value not the invoice total I think, and I don't think you pay VAT on the INPUT DUTY charged
So no VAT on shipping (paid to an non-UK shipper), and similarly no INPUT DUTY on shipping charges.
So if product is £675.75, Cost of that would be £675.75 + £130.35 + £130.35 (if your 20% DUTY is right) + 288.35 Shipping = £1200.80.
I think Duty might actually be 10%, but even then cost is £1,135, which I would say is much too close to the real thing to make it worthwhile to take the risk on a copy product with zero backup and warranty.

Except it also runs on diesel
As Del says, they do a Diesel.
My link was just to point out it is a Truma ripoff, even down to using the Truma Controller example pic with the Truma logo edited out (I bet the actual picture of the "JP Heater" product is actually the Truma as well).

Ha, just looked and the diesel variant is over £1800, don’t know where they come up with these prices.

You have put an input duty on Cost+Shipping, and then applied a VAT to (COST+SHIPPING+INPUT DUTY) to get £1354?

The duty and VAT would be paid on the product value not the invoice total I think, and I don't think you pay VAT on the INPUT DUTY charged
So no VAT on shipping (paid to an non-UK shipper), and similarly no INPUT DUTY on shipping charges.
So if product is £675.75, Cost of that would be £675.75 + £130.35 + £130.35 (if your 20% DUTY is right) + 288.35 Shipping = £1200.80.
I think Duty might actually be 10%, but even then cost is £1,135, which I would say is much too close to the real thing to make it worthwhile to take the risk on a copy product with zero backup and warranty.

My link was just to point out it is a Truma ripoff, even down to using the Truma Controller example pic with the Truma logo edited out (I bet the actual picture of the "JP Heater" product is actually the Truma as well).
The Chinese one will definitely be a copy of an existing product so as you say the Truma. Think at those prices I would be looking at Bobil though lol

The Chinese one will definitely be a copy of an existing product so as you say the Truma. Think at those prices I would be looking at Bobil though lol
When the Chinese Diesel Heater was 1/5th or less the price of the Real (Eberspacher) thing, that was worth a punt.
Paying well over £1,000 for a knock-off and only saving 10% or 20% in the process is not worth it (IMO).

When I ordered some equipement from USA I had to pey duty on the whole cost including shipping plus VAT on the whole total, duty was 20% and VAT 20%, ParcelForce then charged me £13 release fee to get it out of customs at Coventry airport, I've not ordered anything from abroad since then

When I ordered some equipement from USA I had to pey duty on the whole cost including shipping plus VAT on the whole total, duty was 20% and VAT 20%, ParcelForce then charged me £13 release fee to get it out of customs at Coventry airport, I've not ordered anything from abroad since then
Assuming this - https://smallbusinessowneradvice.co.uk/is-there-vat-on-import-duty/ - is correct, VAT is charged on the full amount paid plus Inport duty! seems a bit unfair

Inport duties vary depending on product (and country bought from) of course. Looking at the Tariffs, Electric Heaters are charged at 2% duty. - https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/subheadings/8516100000-80

I know I have to keep advising people that they are responsible for any taxes and charges charged locally when they get what I send and it is out of my hands (sent to USA and Australia last week, Spain the week before).

Ha, just looked and the diesel variant is over £1800, don’t know where they come up with these prices.
Neit
Neither do I Neil, but that's the cost of owning a motorhome I suppose, it's like when my EBL went belly up, over £900.00 for a new one 😲
It's the same with the fridges especially when you compare them to what you can buy for your house 🤔

Regards,
Del

Neit

Neither do I Neil, but that's the cost of owning a motorhome I suppose, it's like when my EBL went belly up, over £900.00 for a new one 😲

It's the same with the fridges especially when you compare them to what you can buy for your house 🤔
That is why the Fridge in my Motorhome is what you buy for your house ;) simples :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back